New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    * DaVinci

On the engine... nothing much.. both the 280 and 300 would share the same fuel consumption figures IMHO.. You'd be better off getting a 300. Both are inline six engines as well.. so basic consumables like sparkplugs, filters, etc. are / or should be the same..

If you're worried about gas consumption.. let me give you an idea.. I have a W124-300E (a bit smaller than the W126..) back in Bacolod that does 6-8 kms per liter... going up to 9 if you're good in making "timpla" the accelerator on highway speeds... And on a 300 engine.. you'll feel the torque... It's really there.. not to mention the smoothness of those MB inline six engines..

Comparatively... I reckon most japanese mid size to full size sedans of similar vintage would achieve those figures too.. and with smaller engines displacement and sizes (number of cylinders) as well..

Goodluck on your "next" project..

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Thanks Francis.

Thinking thinking. Other than the extra 6 inches, what other difference exists betweent the SWB and LWB models?

I am surprised to read that the gas consumption is almost similar to my Accord.

D

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci34 View Post
    Interesting thread. I have always admired the W126 after i drove Louie Ramos' car (now sold). There are a few in the market now - some of them are up for trade. Im thinking of trading my Honda Accord for one - not yet decided but just thinking. The gas consumption may be an issue for me with regard to the gas engines.

How would a 280SE/SEL stack up vs the 300SE/SEL? Other than the extra 6 inches of leg room on the LWB models, are there any other features in the L variant?

Thanks.

D
    Sam, go for it na, di ka magsisisi sa w126. I enjoy my w126 very much although its in the shop now (nadale ni Ondoy!)

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    da vinci: major changes sa options ng short wheelbase compared sa long wheelbase ay depende sa ipinalagay na additional options noon ng first owner ng car. but for the standards, whether long wheelbase or short wheelbase basta same engine have the same options. higher engines adds more options like the hydropneumatic suspentions, climate control, fully automatic power seats, rear reclining seats, heaters, memory seats etc. especially sa 560 engined models. for V8's like the 5 liter engines, ang gas consumptions madalas maglaro ng 5 to 9 km/l. sa 2.6 to 3 liter engines nasa 7 to 12 km/l. diesels plays at 8 or 11 to 13km/l pero depende sa condition ng car and the foot of the driver.

ronw123w124: sir ron what po ginawa ni ondoy sa car mo?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Les007 View Post

ronw123w124: sir ron what po ginawa ni ondoy sa car mo?
    Nabaha sya hanggang sa gulong, ngayon its in the shop para mapatuyo yung carpets and also have a busted central locking pump. Anyway, nangyari na ang nangyari, I have decided to proceed with the restoration of my car, hopefully matapos by early next year.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    nga po pala, alin sa models ng 126 ang walang computer box?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Les007 View Post
    nga po pala, alin sa models ng 126 ang walang computer box?
    280S, 300SD, di ako sure sa 300SDL.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci34 View Post
    Thanks Francis.
    I am surprised to read that the gas consumption is almost similar to my Accord.

D
    Yup... just imagine an M103 engine of 1988 vintage achieving similar gas consumption with a "newer" Honda engine.. .... and its a 3 liter to boot.....

9. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Hello mga brod enjoy ko sa usapan nyo tungkol sa tsikot mb.
    hope to meet u all someday. regards 2 all.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by zolo View Post
    Hello mga brod enjoy ko sa usapan nyo tungkol sa tsikot mb.
    hope to meet u all someday. regards 2 all.
    Hi Zolo. WELCOME!!!

We just had out monthly EB early today. Great turnout for over 50 MB nuts showed up. It sure would be a welcome sight to see you in one of the club's EB.

Do you own an MB yourself? If yes, what body type?

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Mercedes Benz W126 - All abouts!