New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    there are a lot of cons for the vito. Im gonna take a look at the second hand unit and think about it.

any other comments would be greatly appreciated. thanks guys!

2. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    I have had a Vito for 5 years now. (In fact, it is due for replacement; I am just waiting for the Grand Starex CRDI to arrive.) It was purchased from Commercial Motors. The main problem I think is that the units that were brought here were not "tropicalised", i.e., not meant for our harsh tropical weather. I encountered a lot of electrical problems, mainly due to worn out connections, which had to be painstakingly traced. I was also surprised to have to change a number of major components which are expected to last longer, like the instrument cluster and the accelerator pedal. The CRDI engine is the saving grace. It gives nippy performance and fuel economy. Parts used to be a problem, since CATS and CMC do not routinely stock them. We found a good source at Enkat Trading in Evangelista, Makati. They have a sister company, Constellation Auto Repair in Dian, where I now have my maintenance work done. Maintenance costs have been above average, but that's a Benz for you.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    saw on tv dati, that even in germany maraming problema sa electrical ang vito. forgot which show, but it was a german motoring show na translated to english

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Mercedes Benz Vito [Merged]