New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ultimate off-roader utility truck ng mercedes benz daig pa ang hummer, arguably.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    he he, just saw the unimog in the net. hindi pa naman isang battalion ang pamilya ko. pero pagnagkataon :mrgreen: pwde siguro iconsider yun :lol:
    Signature

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi
    Doc Diesel, how about the riding comfort? what can you say about this, comparing this to other van that you have driven/ridden.
    boybi,
    mas ok ang ride nya compared sa adventure ko. mas ok at pogi pa siguro kung captain's seats ang nakakabit dun di ba? 8)

Doc Diesel

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Diesel
    boybi,
    mas ok ang ride nya compared sa adventure ko. mas ok at pogi pa siguro kung captain's seats ang nakakabit dun di ba? 8)

Doc Diesel
    how about comparing it to other vans, like starex or hi-ace? di ba talagang matalbog ang adventure because of its rear leafspring suspension?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Diesel
    boybi,

Doc Diesel
    how about comparing it to other vans, like starex or hi-ace? di ba talagang matalbog ang adventure because of its rear leafspring suspension?
    boybi,
    I haven't ridden any hi ace yet except for the old ones. Yung starex naman e ganun din. di pa ako pinalad na sumakay so I can't compare.

Doc Diesel

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP
    afrasay,

Bakit hindi mo pinakita sakin yung Unimog nung nasa office mo ako? Sayang! Last week I saw a convoy of brand new Mitsubishi trucks na 4X4. Naka-electric winch pa. Napocor ang may ari.
    Nandoon sa garage (PMS siguro) kasama noon mga Kia na 4x4 na mataas din.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    saw the vito in CATS edsa. 1.8+M na pala now. pero body colored na bumpers. ganda sa labas pero sa loob cheap tingnan. the 2nd and 3rd row seats are fixed bench type. di pwde tanggalin to accomodate more luggage. di din pwde i-rotate. wala din palang airbags and ABS. sobra ng mahal ang price for a very bare van. kung nasa 1.2M siguro ok pa.

they're offering nga pala 0% interest for 1 yr installments.
    Signature

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nyek... makabili ka na ng dalawang sedona sa price na yun hehe

9. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Mercedes Benz Vito Inquiry

Good day to all fellow tsikoteers!

Me and my wife are planning to buy a second hand van for our family and our business… My wife doesn’t want to buy a Japanese or Korean van, kasi common na daw and American vans are out of the picture because of the massive consumption of gas.

Is MB VITO a good buy? Performance and parts availability wise? We used to own kasi a 230E and 190E sedans, so far wala ganu sakit ng ulo… I’ve read kasi some horror stories of vito from carsurvey.org, now I’m having second thoughts of buying one…

We saw kasi an MB VITO ‘02 pegged * 6++K, which is quite reasonable na po siguro…

We also saw a Volkswagen Caravell ‘96 diesel and ’01 V6 which is tempting too…

PLS… help naman po, we’re planning to get it na kasi next week… Post naman po your inputs regarding the VITO, the hi’s and low’s po nito and sa CARAVELLE na din, please…please…please… fellow tsikoteers…

Maraming salamat po!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Fellow tsikoteer wreckless recently acquired one (see photos). You can try and PM her. Another tsikoteer, Odell, has a Caravelle (though it was damaged in an ambush). You can try to PM him.

The local Vito (aka Vito L) is a Mercedes Benz commercial van (cargo fan) fitted with windows and seats. So don't expect a very plush interior. Bench seats were standard but most were reconfigured locally into captain's chairs. The Vito is made in Spain (I don't know whether that's good or bad). The rear a/c is tacked on. The wheels are steel rims (with full wheel covers).

The other kind of Vito is the gray market V-klasse vans. They share the same body as the Vito L but come off the production line as fully outfitted pasenger vans. I checked out a unit in Greenhills last weekend. Medyo laspag na. But to give you an idea, it had alloy wheels, dual sliding doors, six passenger seating (all leather captain's chairs), folding tray tables (just like in business class), OEM curtains, OEM coat hanger, dual sunroofs, power windows (including the rear windows). What it didn't have was rear a/c. Other gray units are configured differently so I can't say if all V-klasse units didn't have rear a/c.

The dean of the school where I studied had a Vito. He sold it because the maintenance costs were too high when the Vito was used as a daily driver.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Mercedes Benz Vito [Merged]