New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by E240 View Post
    By the way any idea how long is the life span of our key fob? With normal wear and tear?
    That's very subjective. That would depend on how the previous owner handled it, I think. Since most of these cars are chauffer driven, alam mo naman pag yung driver walang pakialam sa gamit ng boss nya. I was lucky enough to own cars that came with original key fobs, all I had to do was replace the batteries.

For now, all my cars have no security system (most of my cars are oldtimers).

2. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Problem solved! Lolol! After days of researching you know what yung problema on the naked eye everything is well solded but when i used the magnifying glass i saw may loose end sa dulo. I soldered it ayun gumana. Naka save ako ng malaki. Thanks bro!

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by E240 View Post
    Problem solved! Lolol! After days of researching you know what yung problema on the naked eye everything is well solded but when i used the magnifying glass i saw may loose end sa dulo. I soldered it ayun gumana. Naka save ako ng malaki. Thanks bro!
    Uuuy, that's good news.

I suggest you clean the contacts, and replace the battery/ies. Then take good care of that fob. Most likely, once, (or a lot of times) in its life, nahulog yan, so the weld/s came loose. You can maximize the use of that remote fob by reading your owners manual for its functions. On some models, the remote fobs can close/open the windows, sunroof, fold the mirrors, position the seats to your preferred adjustment, open the trunk, etc. (S-Class).

You're welcome.
    Last edited by lowslowbenz; July 23rd, 2013 at 01:00 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123