New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Ramon View Post
    uubra kaya kung japanese engine (SR20DET, RB26DETT, etc) ilalagay sa 190E? mabigat na modification kaya ito? magastos? imposible?
    imo, why are you going to put a Nissan engine into a 190E? The resale would affect that and its "all original" collectors priority would be erased. The engine would also retire in a little fragment of time compared to the body.

Plus, 190E's engine has a class of its own. Meron din itong racing DNA and its a very good performer.
    iam3739.com

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    i'm talking about the basic 190e (the cheaper ones) as a base body/chassis not the 2.3-16v or 2.5-16v or the EVO models which are classics, of course. besides, some already did it to w124 models fitting it with 300zx engines, etc though its chassis is known to be very strong(search the net, dami gumagawa nun) .... yung old LR Defender ng classmate ko back in college was fitted with a nissan diesel engine.... It worked well naman.
    Last edited by Negus; August 8th, 2007 at 06:58 PM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Laser_Ramon View Post
    uubra kaya kung japanese engine (SR20DET, RB26DETT, etc) ilalagay sa 190E? mabigat na modification kaya ito? magastos? imposible?
    magastos? definitely! :D

imposible? hindi naman. i've seen a toyota 2C equipped 190e (nalungkot ako, parang nilapastangan yung auto).

anyhow, i've had this car since high school. medyo mas mahal ng kontin yung regular wear parts compared to japs. pero yung mga mahal/rare na parts mahal talga hehe..

my most nagging problem probly has to do with the aircon. i've busted 2 compressors, countless receiver/dryers and an evaporator over the course of 15 years. i've also changed my radiator once, and water pump twice. changed the front shocks once (the rears are due for replacement), tie rod ends (both ends twice).

fortunately yung engine ok pa din. sa gas, medyo malakas lang. siguro with AC on, average 6-8K/L. pag cruising with AC off/sunroof open kaya pa ng 8-10K/L.

sa space ok naman sakin. masikip lang sa likod pag ako driver (5'10" ako, tapos straight legs/arms ako mag drive).

sa ride, definitely angat sha sa mga S/M class jap cars. mas solid ang feel specially pag mga 140kph and up na sa NLEX.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    here's the idea of what i'm saying

http://web.mac.com/dakota/iWeb/Cars/Tuners.html
    not a 190e. la lang, I thought it was a great idea, without the ricey decals and the large wings of course....

Edit:
    here's a thread about a 190e fitted with a 1jztge engine...
    http://community.190revolution.net/d...-1jzgte-6.html
    Last edited by Negus; August 8th, 2007 at 07:09 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
info regerding benz 190E models