New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Si 06 View Post
    If your dad is with car impotation you can help but if he handles raw materials etc I doubt it. We used to operate a CBW/CYCFS
    uhmm d q po getz... cenxa na po, pero what i knew is i often see him and even hear him talk to his officemates, and sometimes naalimpungatan ako sa umaga kasi kinukulit siya ng mga clients na gusto magpasok ng sasakyan dito pinas, (e.g. hapon, koreano....) alam ko na kasi pag nag eenglish siya cliente yun, minsan nagpasok ung uncle ko ng bagong labas na mercedes ata or bmw un... ung dad ko ang kinausap... araw araw pa yun... so i think he has the capability.... ayaw niya kasi patulan ung request ng uncle ko kasi illegal dahil kulang sa papel... pero hindi siya makaligtas kasi kuya siya ng dad ko, and maimpluwensya din uncle ko... former chief officer ng PSG/AFP..my dad wont be in Boc because of him.. hehe ayan na OT na ko haha....

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chologo View Post
    Hi Kiroy,

pede humingi ng picture ng interior mo? ang ganda ganda ng pag setup mo sa benz mo. di ko siya gagayahin pero kukuha lang ako ng idea. i have the same car pero di 16 valve

salamat in advance
    Yeah..pag umaraw na laging naulan sa labas lately. hindi ko kasi inilalabas ng garahe kapag umuulan.

sa loob it has carbon fiber layout sa may ac/audio control, sa AC vent, shifter plate, door lock trim, etc. and loob naman ay all black leather..recaro seats. nga pala mayroon din itong white fauge instrument cluster. binili ko yan ganyan na

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mbeige View Post
    When I first saw your thread I hesitated to reply. Why?

1. Malalaspag kotse mo, to think 2.3-16 pa naman yan. I did not want to discourage you initially...
    2. You'll end up paying so much more above the value of the car. Even if you buy it really cheap like you said, and consequently pay double for taxes, napunta saan yung taxes? Just so you can enjoy it sa Manila? Just get one sa Manila, visit the MBCP I'm sure some members know people who are selling. www.mbcp.tk is the shortcut link to the forum of the MB Club of the Philippines.
    3. With the amount of money you'll be spending - say $2000 for the car, then what, another $4000 for the taxes alone. For that same amount of money you can get a similarly priced car in Manila. Check the Classifieds of MBCP http://com5.runboard.com/bmercedesbe...lippinesinc.f3

Finally, it's up to you if the car is truly worth spending all that money for. I mean if the cost is just change to you, go ahead. We're just after being cost effective here and warn you against what you could lose in the long run - just so you can enjoy your car in Manila.

Good luck and I hope your decision is well thought of.

Thanks for the input man. I checked the website and mahirap humanap ng ganitong klaseng kotse.

Anyways, this model was only created 1986 and 1987. About only 1300 imported into USA and about 700 in 1987. Mine is an 87 so 1 out of 700 na manual. So this is a pretty rare car. Especially with the Getrag manual transmission. The engine head was created by Cosworth racing.

And kaya ko gusto itong kotseng ito ay hindi na ito stock color. It has been repainted jet black. I mean really dark glossy black. The paint job is probably worth $3k or something. Really good. So mahirap humanap ng ganitong kotse for the price.

I will see what I can do but I want it sent to PI for safekeeping. Cguro ito ang isa sa mga gustong gusto ko as one of the fruits of my labor. Ika nga ay career accomplishment. I will probably save up kung medyo mataas pa sa $4k ang cost.

Ang magiging isang problem ko ay kailangan yata na ayusin ang papeles and pick up in ang kotse personally. But since I work overseas, this will be a challenged because of timing and stuff.
    Last edited by kuroy; November 10th, 2007 at 02:30 AM.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    add ko lang na isa rin sa mga magigiting na dahilan kung bakit nais kong ihagis ito patungong Pinas ay alam kong stable and very dependable itong kotse na ito since it's my daily driver to work and home.

kung baga oil change lang and linis lang every week. Marami ako kasing nababasa na mga stories about problems with this 190e pero so far ay very good naman itong kotseng ito sa akin. As in aesthetic lang ang issues.

Engine and tranny works awesome and ala akong complain so kung baga ay medyo kilala ko na na hindi ako bibigyan ng sakit ng ulo sa Pinas.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    If you feel it's worth the hassle and cost then here is one site you can check.
    http://www.mapsupport.com/thedatabas...prtgvehphi.htm

The tax schedule are revised so what is in the site is incorrect but the overall process is the same.

Also here is a thread regarding car importation from the Philippine government site.
    http://www.gov.ph/forum/thread.asp?rootID=91701&catID=4

A press release from the Consul in Toronto regarding the matter.
    http://www.philcongen-toronto.com/fa...he-philippines

If your in the San Francisco Bay Area check with Bayanihan cargo.
    http://www.filipino.com/bayanihan/rates.htm

Hope all this was of help to you.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    uwi niyo na iyan bos tapos pa-sakay ganda-ganda niya eh

anyhow, goodluck on your quest to bring back your car bos! i'm sure it would be a sight to behold

7. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    That's very understandable, especially with the rare options your car has.

I hope you find a good shipper that will care for the car while in transit, some companies kasi don't care much so be wary of what you choose and how you treat them. If they're in the car shipping business they might know how valuable your car is, so just a heads up for you.

I know the car is a tough reliable one but the environment sa atin is really harsh - ulan, putik, humidity, etc. It's up to you man I hope you have a really safe spot to park that and it won't just gather dust but be driven on occasion too, cars never like being garaged for long periods. You do know what to do when storing the car, right? Especially so during transit?

Where are you located? Your other option would be to leave it at our place, I'll take care of it kidding of course... goodluck man. Keep us updated.

Quote Originally Posted by kuroy View Post
    Thanks for the input man. I checked the website and mahirap humanap ng ganitong klaseng kotse.

Anyways, this model was only created 1986 and 1987. About only 1300 imported into USA and about 700 in 1987. Mine is an 87 so 1 out of 700 na manual. So this is a pretty rare car. Especially with the Getrag manual transmission. The engine head was created by Cosworth racing.

And kaya ko gusto itong kotseng ito ay hindi na ito stock color. It has been repainted jet black. I mean really dark glossy black. The paint job is probably worth $3k or something. Really good. So mahirap humanap ng ganitong kotse for the price.

I will see what I can do but I want it sent to PI for safekeeping. Cguro ito ang isa sa mga gustong gusto ko as one of the fruits of my labor. Ika nga ay career accomplishment. I will probably save up kung medyo mataas pa sa $4k ang cost.

Ang magiging isang problem ko ay kailangan yata na ayusin ang papeles and pick up in ang kotse personally. But since I work overseas, this will be a challenged because of timing and stuff.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    thanks sa mga link RedOrange...I will check it out. looks like a good place to start.

Actually it will be stored inside the house itself. Mayroon kaming 2 maliit bahay na walang nakatira since 2000 pag punta ko na dini. Pero nasa loob naman ng compound with the family. Ipa park ko ito mismo sa loob ng bahay. Papupuntahan ko na lang kay erpats cguro para ma startup once in a while.

Madalang cguro maidadrive ito sa pinas ndi efficient sa daily driving because of gas prices.

Noong binili ko ito ay sa Houston, Texas then nai ship ko to West Coast. Nagbayad ako ng $800 bones. So kung baga medyo may karanasan na akong kaunti mag shipping ng car. Kung anong dinidikit, etc ndi nga lang international.

Anyways, thanks guys and si esmi ay medyo pumayag na with shipping so i just need to do a more thorough research.

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    kuroy; pm mo si drexx. i think he is a member here. pero for sure sa 4x4ph mo sya pm kung member ka run. i think dinala nya rito sa pinas yung Land Cruiser nya dati.hth.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by X-isle View Post
    uhmm d q po getz... cenxa na po, pero what i knew is i often see him and even hear him talk to his officemates, and sometimes naalimpungatan ako sa umaga kasi kinukulit siya ng mga clients na gusto magpasok ng sasakyan dito pinas, (e.g. hapon, koreano....) alam ko na kasi pag nag eenglish siya cliente yun, minsan nagpasok ung uncle ko ng bagong labas na mercedes ata or bmw un... ung dad ko ang kinausap... araw araw pa yun... so i think he has the capability.... ayaw niya kasi patulan ung request ng uncle ko kasi illegal dahil kulang sa papel... pero hindi siya makaligtas kasi kuya siya ng dad ko, and maimpluwensya din uncle ko... former chief officer ng PSG/AFP..my dad wont be in Boc because of him.. hehe ayan na OT na ko haha....
    do you have a family kin here in the england working as a nurse?....jus wondering....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
I want to export my Benz car from US to Phils...possible?