New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Hi,

I tried spraying some carb cleaner to the ICV and the throttle body this afternoon but after starting my idle went up from 800 to 1000 RPM. Idle is too high for me and I want to lower it back to 800 RPM. How do I change the Idle back?

Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Questions:

Was your idle speed 800RPM before your sprayed carb cleaner?
    Why did you spray carb cleaner?

Before fiddling with the adjustments, try driving the car first, see if the idle speed settles back to 800RPM.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Yes it was 800RPM before spraying. I already tried driving it, wala naman dleproblem sa performance medyo mataas lang idle pag walang aircon and naka neutral.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Hi Just an update.... I went to an electrician and have my instrument panel fixed... My Oil pressure guage is not working. He opened the guage and there is a burned circuit in the board behind the right set of guages. He was able to fix it and my Oil pressure guage is now working for the first time since I bought the car. My tachometer is somehow connected to it and is now reading more accurate RPMs. Before I was getting 1000rpm now its 2000 RPMs...

I tried disconnecting the thermo-timer switch and the RPM went down. I guess this sensor is already bad because it should cut off when the engine is already at operating tempreture. If i disconnect it the car idle at 1200 but I'm having a hard time starting the engine when its disconnected. I know this switch is connected to the Cold start valve so its on all the time... that would probably explain my high fuel consumption(5km/L).

Hope changing the sensor fix my problem. I'll just have it tuned up after changing it. I'll give you guys an update =)

How to adjust idle 230TE M102