New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Benz Gurus I need your help:

I've been using the car for two weeks as a daily driver from our house to office (about 4kms distance v/v).
    Never encountered on the car acceleration was good, no ignition problems or whatsoever.

Until my brother borrowed to the car to visit his fling. He was only about 1 km away from our house when the problem started.
    Bumababa daw yung Idle and then the car would die if you don't press on the gas pedal. Ibinalik niya sa bahay yung kotse ng pilit.

So the next morning i was thinking of solutions that might fix the problem, so first thing that came into my mind was the fuel distributor.
    I had a spare one at the trunk. So i told my brother to replace the fuel distributor (I blamed him na siya ang nakasira ng sasakyan).
    Sad to say i didn't work. I was suspecting that the fuel filter needs replacement but i don't know if it will fix the problem.

Here are some of the things that had be done lately on the car:

1. Replaced a the fuel distributor last december 2012 (Surplus)
    2. Replaced the gas tank and fuel accumulator
    3. Ignition coil

BTW: Its a w123 230ce/AT M102

I tried to start the car this morning but still no luck i have to step on the gas pedal para umandar siya.

Need your help guys! thanks.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    What fuel are you using?
    Are you sure that your spare fuel distributor is in working condition?
    Your brother knows how to replace a fuel distributor? Wow!

I'll look up into the MBCP threads, IIRC, we had a similar problem with yours. Cross your fingers though, W123 fuel distributors are getting pretty scarce nowadays, you could spend a good amount of money just to buy one in working condition, but I bet you know that already. Keep this thread posted.