New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by ralliart17 View Post
    I'll check the vacuum hoses..

and I might considering the second option... pag cold start kasi, ok ang idle ng kotse, asa 1K rpm then babagsak sa 750 pag naka aircon.. pag mainit na, sobrang baba na nya as 5K na and shaky na sya pag naka engage transmission..
    Tama lang yan, 1,200RPM for 28 seconds pag start, bababa yan until 550RPM. Depende sa temperature ng makina yung RPM pag cold start. Cold start valve delivers more fuel sa cold start to warm it up faster. Then pagkatapos, patay na yung cold start valve once engine is okay na.

In earlier models WUR (warm up regulator) ang ginagamit. Similar function.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    guys, quick update. Found the vacuum hose and it is connected to the intake manifold to the gauge... i can now see the fuel economy sensor moving.

bad news is, its always on the red zone of the meter.. have to have the engine tuned 'coz as mbeige suggested, the car's air/fuel mixtures are way out of spec, that why I'm only getting 5 km/liter..

Thanks..

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    One of the other reasons your car could show bad fuel economy (via the gauge) is due to vacuum leaks. Since the gauge works by vacuum, any vacuum leak will translate to worse fuel economy.

The idle air control valve measures the air flow at idle and restricts it accordingly. This creates a vacuum. If there's a leak, it will manifest in the vacuum economy gauge.

When I pulled the IACV on my 2.6L to clean it, I accidentally cracked the vacuum lines (which are hard and brittle from age). Put them back and noticed better idling, but the economy gauge needle pointed more to the right (worse economy) due to the cracked line.

Start looking for vacuum leaks. If the vacuum leaks check out, then I would give it a full tune up. There is a way to adjust duty cycle PROPERLY and I emphasize this because there are specifications that these engines must adhere to. Otherwise, it will result in increased fuel consumption.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Fuel Economy Sensor - 190E 2.3 AT