New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Hi, just want to know if you bring your benz to a carwash bay for an engine wash or you DIY? Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jaredpogi View Post
    Hi, just want to know if you bring your benz to a carwash bay for an engine wash or you DIY? Thanks!
    We have the same ride, 190E anyway i used to bring my father's benz to gasoline station for engine wash, why? because for me theyre are more experience than to ordinary carwash station seen in the most streets or if you want you can bring it to detailing station like bigberts or meguiars.

basta make it sure na lagyan ng cover ang mga electrical parts ng engine para iwas sa pagkasira nito.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hi Jared

DIY works best for me. What I would do is mix equal parts of kerosene and water in a coke 1.5 liter bottle, and add one sachet of Joy dishwashing liquid. Shake it baby.... .. Then pour contents on a manual sprayer.. and spray away... (Being careful on the electrical items)

Let the mixture steep, you can brush on some of the heavily soiled parts/areas. A used toothbrush is very handy on those tight spots. As they would say... "iskobahin mo ng mabuti"..... up until you use up all of the soap/kerosene mixture that you have.

Then rinse off with slow running water, if you're not satisfied.... repeat as desired... Wipe off excess water with a rag, check the high tension leads and electrical connections for trapped pockets of water... dry accordingly.... With the engine of your car.... its a breeze with lots of room to move around...

BR
    Francis

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    People, kerosene and water DON'T MIX.

Petroleum products and water don't mix... basic chemistry, no matter how long you shake it, it'll never mix, it'll never dilute. Once you spray it and it clings to the surface, it'll still be a stream of water and a stream of kerosene.

That's why kerosene is often used in cold countries on diesel cars, to REMOVE water from the fuel.

Old cars, regardless of brand, is very very prone to water damage, not all the clamps, seals, rubber hose, sockets fit perfectly and a lot of care and caution needs to be made to clean an old car's engine pay safely.

It's also the best time to replace older cheap parts (like those mentioned above) during cleaning.
    Last edited by theveed; May 16th, 2008 at 04:30 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok lang. pero in my case I make sure that after the wash I remove the top cover of my sparkplugs and spray compressed air into it. Also iwas sa ECU (tranny and engine) which is on the left side of the engine behind the battery. also cover the alternator and do not use those aluminum cleaner on the alternator, it could enter and ruin the windings.

Engine Wash For Benz