New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    I've decided to call the 300TE the Black Pearl, based primarily on its paint code (black pearl metallic), as I did with my 300D by calling it MBeige (manila beige). Today I decided to clean it inside out especially the cargo area where there's been quite a number of wheels and tires lately as I swapped them over. Now that the swap is finished I placed the old wheels back into storage so I can clean up the car and grab a couple of nice shots.

And thanks to a friend in San Diego, I scored a nice foldable emergency warning triangle that fits perfectly into its storage bin in the side panel where the first aid kit also resides. Thanks to another friend of mine for the very nice CLK wheels.

I just hope that despite naming it the Black Pearl, it does not have any underlying curse that awaits me...!

Outside

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Continued...

Inside

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006

In case of emergency

Hope you enjoy the pics! ;)

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    nice and simple

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    same reaction i had after seeing the "mbiege" pics...

btw, i like the yellow truck!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    *Ptk you're right I like to keep it nice and simple!

*Iho that truck hasn't been driven in a while. Parang malaking Tonka truck! Thanks I'm glad you like it

In truth this 300TE is nowhere near as nice as the 300D, but both make such good partners. We've owned the 300TE since early 2007 and it's been such a good car to us so far despite being a gasser and having 223k miles when we got it.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    i agree. the simpler it is the classier it looks. but what impressed me even more was your photography. nice composition and contrast. cheers!

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Thanks Slyfox! I do try to get unique angles as much as I can, without overdoing it. The same goes with the stuff I throw at it, I hope

The Black Pearl