New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Mr. sssalongga, I've been thinking a lot about getting a w123 200G and converting it to LPG.because i love the classic look and durability of the w123. was wondering if it can be run by LPG. let me know the progress of your project car and how much it consumes, and cost din pala. matagal ko na pangarap magka benz, hehe. been reading the MBCP forum lately, obsessed na yata ako sa benz (c/o mbeige a.k.a. karugs)

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Toybox, why not get a 240D instead? No need for conversion, matipid pa, plus very easy to maintain. Or if you want a daily commuter na sobrang tipid, a 200D is great for this job and will get you there safely as well.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    actually first choice ko talaga is diesel 200D or 240D,m medyo mahirap lang maghanap ng good examples nito dito. also found a 300CD u.s. version 1984 for 160k pero medyo run down an ang interiors. but all working ang power amenities. or a diesel wagon mas gusto ko.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Masarap dalhin ang 300CD lalo na pag US version 1984 w/ turbocharger kasi. Very strong engine, too bad sagsag na yung interior. Are you already in the MBCP forum? Have you posted your interest to get a w123? Maybe others are selling theirs, tingin ka lang. My good friend Z168 has an ad about a w123 owned by his sister in Alabang I think, check the classifieds.

http://com5.runboard.com/bmercedesbe...sinc.f3.t12015

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Yes, i've been checking out the MBCP forums daily! obsessed na nga ako eh. actually, my purchase is still for approval by the kumander in chief. she wants a bigger car because we want to sell our jap sedan for a bigger AUV or SUV. oh well, guess i have to wait and see. the 300CD i saw last week was in orig paint (light brown/beige metallic) body still in relatively good condition but the leather (not mb tex) seat is medyo leaning to the side na. moonroof misaligned - not working. a/c harisson - ok pa lamig. but when i sat inside, it felt like i went back in time to the 70's. it was formerly owned by ambassador amado cortes and was brought in pinas 1993 tax free. still registered to him but if i want it transferred to my name, i will have to pay tax. (30K+). he also has a 240D wagon light green, but interior is more delapidated with cloth checkered upholstery. rear gate needs tungkod na kahoy to stay open. manual windows stuck, dash panels kulangkulang na. but engine starts one click after 20 seconds pre heat.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Wow, 20 seconds is quite long for the glow plug system to work. Chances are it's a bad relay or plugs too if it's an 82 or younger 240TD. The good thing about the OM616 (Euro or US) is that they're frugal, easy to maintain and very durable. Most of the time the rest of the car is gone before the engine is. The leaning seats (left side lower than the right) is common in older, unmaintained cars since the position of the driver tends to force the weight to transfer to the left if it's an automatic since right leg is often used instead of both.

If you want the wagon, I suggest you contact "300TD", the moderator of the board, about his 300TD. His is a 1979 and he's selling it last I heard. Not sure about its mechanicals, but I can vouch for that car since I know him personally. I do know his car had some celebrity status before but not sure on that. Send him a PM, see if the car is still for sale.

7. Join Date
    May 2007

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    next pinoy mb meet baka sa jun24. pat-kuha ka maraming pics dyan. baka may chance mapaaga bisita ko sa pinas so baka maabutan kita.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I have a 1980 200d and its great. I use it everyday and spend P500. a week for diesel. The ride is also unbeatable.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    My two month restoration project...my sweetness..

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Attn: Mercedes Benz owners oldskul and new.. post your cars.