New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    2012 Mercedes-Benz S65 AMG V12 Biturbo

The AMG-assembled V12 is so torquey that Mercedes’ impressively strong seven-speed automatic was deemed too weak. Instead, the S65 includes a five-speed automatic.

Fuel economy may seem dismal with 11 city and 17 highway ratings, but considering the power, it is actually fairly respectable.

In addition to the hand-built muscle under the hood, the S65 adds an AMG bodykit, 20” wheels, an active sport suspension, and numerous interior sports luxury features, like an alcantara headliner. Like all S-Class sedans, the COMAND system with its control knob, is included as standard.

Source: 2012 Mercedes-Benz S65 AMG - Specifications, Pictures, Prices

Full Review:
    2012 Mercedes-Benz S65 AMG V12 Biturbo Start Up, Exhaust, and In Depth Tour - YouTube

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Mercedes never fails to amuse me with their executive sedans, I've been drooling over their S-Classes [specifically S65 AMGs] as well as their E63 AMGs & C63 AMGs. Said cars are still part of my 'dream car lineup' hehe.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    2012 Mercedes-Benz S65 AMG V12 Biturbo
    The AMG-assembled V12 is so torquey that Mercedes’ impressively strong seven-speed automatic was deemed too weak. Instead, the S65 includes a five-speed automatic.
    I've been reading this quote since the W220 S-Class. Wonder why they still haven't developed a new transmission to handle the 65 AMG's 1000 Nm of torque. It's not a volume seller, but at least they can boast of their top sedan to have a state-of-the-art tranny.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Looks great, drives fast, very high class, and I can't afford it!