New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    mga sir ask lang po ako bout c220.. im planning to swap my car to c220, if ever this is my 1st time to owned a mb car. mahirap po ba sya imaintain? mahal po ba mga parts nya? like brake pads,shocks, mga engine gasket, timing belt, ano usual sakit nya? yung mga dapat ko po icheck? para magkaron po ako idea mga sir.. fuel po pla ilan kms/L po? thanx mga sir!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by elite77 View Post
    mga sir ask lang po ako bout c220.. im planning to swap my car to c220, if ever this is my 1st time to owned a mb car. mahirap po ba sya imaintain? mahal po ba mga parts nya? like brake pads,shocks, mga engine gasket, timing belt, ano usual sakit nya? yung mga dapat ko po icheck? para magkaron po ako idea mga sir.. fuel po pla ilan kms/L po? thanx mga sir!
    What car are you planning to swap with the C220?

I used to have a 1995 C220 AT. From my experience, maintenance is comparable to any medium-sized Japanese car (i.e. Accord and Camry) -- in terms of parts availability and price. Yes, price of MB parts are more likely (not all) higher than Japanese but lasts 2-3x longer (if not more, depending if genuine parts and usage). Ergo, you don't fix and MB and sell right after.

You mentioned on your thread title that you plan to get a 96-97 MY C220. I'd say you're "safe". 1994-95 MY W202s had issues with engine harness but was said to have been resolved '96- . Still, maintenance records would greatly help to determine the car's history.

Finally, nothing beats bringing a trusted and reputable mechanic to check the car for you. Good luck and keep us posted thru this thread on developments.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    car ko po ngyn honda civic siR 99 model all stock.. never ako tinirik since nabili ko.. hehe.. sana tama decision ko sa swap.. mga sir ang c220 po ba timing belt po ba yan? pero may problema daw yung power lock minsan hindi daw nag lolock.. vacuum something daw? update ko kayo mga sir pag na test drive ko na..

4. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Maalam ka ba sa car, pards? OR atleast are you VEEEEEEERY patient?

If hindi sagot mo sa dalawa, or " im-a-honda-boy " sagot mo sa una then forget the deal

1996-97 c220 info please..