New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    nice car renzo! we pinoys are very innovative .... hehe galing ng pinoy!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by insurepinoy.com View Post
    nice car renzo! we pinoys are very innovative .... hehe galing ng pinoy!
    It's not mine, sir. Just got it from the internet.

But the swaps that bro. LSB wants are possible. A lot of foreign shops already did it, so why can't we..

Btw, nice swap. Personally I wont really mind having the value go down if the car is all I really want, not the money I will get from it. Minsan kasi mahirap talaga i-let go isang kotse thats why we try to make it less of a money pit, at least.... we get to keep it.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    lagi po kasi sira ung fuel distributor ng 190e ko tsaka malakas sa gas ang orig. benz engine as compared to the toyota engine and of course less maintenance ang 7k since surplus japan ung engine complete with wirings, aircon compressor, alternator , power steering pump and the engine itself is good as brandnew...
    as you know mura engine parts ng toyota and readily available.... plus i also converted my aircon to toyota aircon sytem.... now my benz i must say rocks!

I cant ask for more.... practicality with style thats what my car is all about ....
    I don't know pero for more than 20 years that we have our 260E, hindi pa nasisira ang fuel distributor nya, likewise yung ibang Benz namin never pa kami nagkaproblema sa FD, may nabibili na rin sa ebay repair kit ng FD, kung di pa rin ubra may mga rebuilt FD units sa US, siguro mga $500 for your 190E. May FX dati sa office namin na 7k ang makina, binenta namin dahil ala Ford Expedition ang konsumo sa gas. Totoo mas mura parts ng 7k pero not worth it pa rin to me to convert, sayang yung Benz.

I hope walang mga welding our stuff like that to make your conversion irreversible, kase baka may makabili nyan ibang araw at gustong ibalik sa original Benz engine. Kung ako, kakabitan ko yan ng diesel Benz engine, marami dyan sa Charon sa Congressional Ave.
    Last edited by ronw123w124; October 6th, 2013 at 08:36 PM.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup your right i just lowered the value of the car but im planning to keep it for a while... regarding Auto lpg well it crossed my mind actually i still have my lpg kit but its carburator type. Its from from my old 1992 galant i sold last year and the 190e is fuel injected so it wont fit. The thing with my orig benz engine is due for major engine overhaul so i guess autolpg is not a viable alternative....so i did plan b which is the engine swap... so right now im enjoying the car .

Even if you are keeping the car for a while longer, I would have kept the benz still with it's original engine and gone LPG after your have the overhaul done.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Grabe yan, bro. LSB! Sana matuloy.
    Yup, a real sleeper. Hehehe.

Still looking for the right engine with the right price though. I'm sort of a purist myself (half and half), I just want to play with this W123.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    hey guys thanks for the comments, i know some will agree with the conversion and some do not but i just want you guys to be happy for me kasi i love my benz so much that i don't want to let it go....but let me say that i am successful with the engine swap and that i am driving this car like new and im proud of it. This old school benz rocks man!

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    This will be the 2nd "Frankenbenz" I'll see. A friend of mine had one a couple of years back, he put a 4-cylinder For/Mazda turbo diesel in his 190e 2.3. I forgot what specific engine but it fit quite well in the engine bay and malinis pagkagawa. He was complaining kasi on how much the 102 guzzles gas plus the fact that some major engine parts were already dying.

Anyway, I hope you can post pics of your car and the engine sir.

I still prefer everything original and stock but economics will always have the last say on our toys...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12