New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pinanood namin kanina. May nakapanood na din ba?

For me it was good entertainment. It didn't deal with the politics of 9/11 (thank God). Well worth my time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBbw8xBKS6o

We weren't sure whether or not we would want to see this movie. Oliver Stone is someone who's movies we don't usually agree with. After reading many of the reviews on this site, we decided to give this movie a chance.

It is a very impressive, well executed movie... with excellent acting, directing and editing!!! It is a movie that will remind you of that day, however, it is a movie about heroes, friendships and triumphs. Yes, there are points in the movie that you will tear up and even cry, yet there is also laughter at some points and there is a lot of positive throughout the movie even though it is was a time of crisis and horror surrounding the situation. The horror of that day does exist in the movie, however it isn't overplayed or too dramatic to watch.... Also, that is not the main part of the movie. The movie is based on the lives to two of the trapped survivors as they tell/recall what happened to them on that day.

The audience sat in awe watching the movie... nobody ever got up to leave their seats... and everyone was amazed at the end of how well the story was told. I've never seen the Theatre so crowded on a weeknight (almost at capacity)... and it was being shown on multiple screens at a big theater.

I do recommend all American's see this movie... as it pays tribute to the heroes and shows some of the good that came from the tragedy.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    very good movie. it really centered on the impact of 9/11 on the personal lives of normal people. nakakaiyak...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kunwari na lang na puwing ako while watching.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    That movie tanked here, I think only a 2 weekend run then *poof*

:fly:

Edit Didn't cnn show this already???? :spider:
    Last edited by CaRGirL; October 22nd, 2006 at 11:11 AM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Saw it kanina. No special-effects or any explosive action scenes. Puro real-life drama in its essence.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hehehe I guess it's just me, but I found it boring.

Meh. Don't mind me hihihi.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    saw this last Thu night, good story telling focusing on humanity amidst the horror of Sep 11. magaling din pagkagawa ng scenes after the towers fell, gayang gaya yung featured sa CNN (frame nung building, etc)

"napuwing" din ako dun sa dialogue nung wife "i don't even remember what was the last thing i said to John" tsaka yung nagsulat yung isa pulis ng "I Heart You, A sa small paper" ... when i got home, i hugged my Nanay & Tatay

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Saw it with my dad, talagang inabangan namin na lumabas cya dito... anyway, if you had expectations like special effects/animagic, you wouldn't really like the movie, but if you didn't, tatamaan ka talaga kasi somehow you will realize that deep down, you do care about life and you will really feel what the essence of humanity is like.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Westerner really knows how to tug the heart(opening of wallet)

Edit red cross > fireman
    Last edited by CaRGirL; October 22nd, 2006 at 11:12 AM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We saw it yesterday at Shangri-La... it was a really good film to watch... lots of parts there were we can relate to.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
World Trade Center the Movie