New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Revillame clicks 'coz everyone else can't afford better programming (a.k.a CABLE); and on broadcast TV, there's nothing else to watch at 12:30 onwards besides Wowowee and Eat Bulaga.

People without cable are given 2 choices: watch noontime shows along with every bit of advertising that comes with it, or go take a nap. ABS-CBN and GMA7 will lay their hands on anything that they can squeeze money out of, especially crappy programming that people without cable already got used to. It's not the demand of the people that makes money for the media, it's because the people have no choice but take whatever is available.

It's pretty much the same thing on cars here in the Philippines, but there's no alternative like there's cable TV on entertainment.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    companies will only buy advertising space in TV shows with high ratings

to create high ratings, TV networks have to draw in the masses

the TV networks give the masses what they want

the masses are dumb and shallow

so the result is TV programming that's dumb and shallow

the TV networks can sure come up with intelligent programs but the masses won't watch and the TV networks will lose ad revenue

which come first chicken or the egg yan eh

if the masses start to demand intelligent programming, the TV networks will create them

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    there are tv shows that are informative and entertaining as well, matanglawin is one, magazine show like kapuso jessica soho also is good...

going back to the arrogantly greedy wiilie, i think he has his ways to allure the poor, he catches the heart of masses in a way that he downsize himself, but to those who think properly, willie, like joey are very annoying...

wowowee is a good show perhaps better than eb for me, but the hosting could be corrected, he could tame and tone down his issues...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    The ABS-CBN management ay all-out sa last respect kay Pres. Cory ..and one of their Prize Talent kuno..Willie Manyak ayaw ma disturbo ang kanyang show?...Mag give way pa ang funeral coverage ni Pres. Cory para sa Ugak na ito?
    Putong Inamoy mo Willie!!!

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by xoom View Post
    mahirap matanggal sa abs-cbn to. he knows how to play his cards right. ikaw na maging bugaw ng mga katorse anyos kay gabby lopez
    Alam kong hindi kasama sa isyu ito pero mahirap namang hindi dugtungan... I have a friend who's close with the Lopezes. Damn right they have wild *** party orgies! At ang mga nakahain ay mga ***y talents nila.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I wouldn't be surprised, given how desperate & disillutioned some people on wanting to be in showbiz.

I wonder if Joey will react on Willie's insensitive remarks? Can't wait for this weekend's StarTalk hehehe Buti pa Eat Bulaga nag-decide na hindi mag-show during the burial rites.

On Willie, matagal ng wala sa ABS-CBN yan if not for his manager who is the wife of the Vice President of the Phils. How can the ABS-CBN mgmt dare touch her talent, di ba? Rumor has it that all the wealth (yachts, houses, cars, etc) Willie has is actually owned by our VP. Si Willie lang ang pine-press release na owner to distance the VP from any lifestyle checks.
    Last edited by nitrox; August 7th, 2009 at 07:09 PM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    nah... wrong word, good intentions imo.

he clicks to me because he is an arrogant as#hole and fake like most of us. haha...

I hate his songs. may music talent siya. but musicians knows Lito Camo is a BS composer. pera lang hanap ni willie sa kanta. hahaha...

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Observation ko lang sa napanood ko sa Youtube nung pinuna ni willie yung kay cory.

Parang ang laki laki na ng ulo ni Willie, and he shouldn't have commanded it's directors to remove the shot wherein it features Cory's funeral march. Oo, sabihin na natin malaki ang kinikita niya, pero kahit na, empleyado pa rin siya.

For me, mas may right na maifeature ang funeral march ni Cory kaysa sa Wowowee. Who the heck cares about wowowee? araw araw naman iyan hindi katulad ni Cory, once in a lifetime iyan and history pa iyan.

Tama sinabi ng MTRCB, kung ayaw niya makita sa TV na may video ng funeral march ni Cory sa gilid, i-cut nila ang streaming nila, pero i-continue niya na lang sa Studio. On that day, ewan ko lang kung may nanonood pa ng wowowee - except for the people on the studio of course - .

Mali talaga ginawa ni Willie :nono: Mas nirerespeto ko naman si Cory kaysa kay willie no.

On the second thought.

He has good intentions IMO, but he chose the wrong move which is to blurt it out in front of the camera. Dapat sa backstage na lang sinabi sa directors.
    Last edited by renzo_d10; August 7th, 2009 at 09:44 PM. Reason: spelling/addt'l statements

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    nah... wrong word, good intentions imo.

he clicks to me because he is an arrogant as#hole and fake like most of us. haha...

I hate his songs. may music talent siya. but musicians knows Lito Camo is a BS composer. pera lang hanap ni willie sa kanta. hahaha...
    bro baka maraming mag-react sayo sa sinabi mong ito.

willie clicks simply because we have a damaged culture. we have a major society of mendicants and wowowee capitalizes on this. kahit na bastusin at babuyin ni willie ang pagkatao at dignidad ng mga contestants nya, they don't mind it at all. iisa lang ang nasa utak ng mga yun, ang maambunan sila ng kwalta ni willie boy.

simply put, willie's staying power inspite of him being the most obnoxious a-hole of the miillenium, is a cultural thing. unfortunately, ours is a damaged one.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sign oust REVILLAME petition here...

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_pe...cgi?badwilly&1

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
What makes Willie Revillame click?