New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Mas lesser kasi lubak ng mukha ni Menyek compared to Joey De Leon.........

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    i know, the prizes are not from him. but what i mean is he "controls" how he will give it away. go go go, or go home na?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Pwede nya naman sabihin yun off air..kaya sa bahay namin di ko pina panuod mga kids ko sa kanya eh..mag cartoons na lang ako

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Di ako masyado nanonood ng local channels kaya nagulat ako nung nakita ko itong article sa Inquirer.net (dated Aug. 5, 2009):

"http://showbizandstyle.inquirer.net/entertainment/entertainment/view/20090805-218904/Willie-Revillame-apologizes-for-Cory-remark"

MANILA, Philippines—Controversial noontime TV show host Willie Revillame found himself in the hot seat again on Monday, beset by furious comments from bloggers and social networking websites. The reason: He objected, on air, to the insertion of a video of former President Corazon Aquino’s cortege on his show, “Wowowee.”

“It’s the most insensitive thing I heard today,” read a comment posted on Facebook. “Iba ka talaga Willie. Kakaibang paggalang kay Cory ’yan,” said another.

“He should raise the issue behind the scenes ... but I guess that’s too much to ask [of someone] who hurts women, exploits poor people’s stories ...,” another Revillame detractor said.

On Tuesday, Revillame apologized to his viewers, to the Aquino family and to the network (ABS-CBN) management “for hurting their feelings.” He added that his request to stop the inserted video was really “a sign of love and respect for Tita Cory.”

“Salamat, President Cory,” which aired on Monday, was the special coverage of the transfer of Aquino’s remains from the La Salle Green Hills gym in Mandaluyong City to the Manila Cathedral in Intramuros.

The TV special was cut shortly after the cortege reached the Ninoy Aquino Shrine in Makati City, to give way to the live telecast of “Wowowee.” When the noontime show started airing, ABS-CBN inserted a portion of the Aquino cortege.

During the show’s “Willie of Fortune” segment, Revillame said: “’Di po maganda. Nagsasaya kami dito habang nagluluksa ang sambayanang Pilipino. ’Di ko magagampanan ang pagpapatawa habang ipinapakita ang libing ng dating presidente.” (“It’s not good for us to have fun here while the whole country grieves. I cannot make people laugh at the same time that this part of the funeral of our former president is being shown.”)

When Revillame’s reaction found its way to YouTube, it was met with a huge wave of negative reactions.

On Tuesday, Revillame explained: “Ang feeling ko hindi magandang ipinapakita ‘yon habang kami’y nagsasaya. ’Wag kayong magagalit sa akin ... ” He said he was willing to give way to the airing of the TV special, but that his bosses instructed him to do the show live.

Prior to asking to have the inserted video removed, Revillame said, he had made the same appeal to Entertainment Production head Linggit Tan during a commercial break: “When it was showed again, that’s when I reacted.”

Inquirer Entertainment tried to reach Tan for a reaction, but she declined to comment.
    Eto yung video sa youtube:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdL3GusXgWk"]YouTube - Former President Cory Aquino + WoWoWee,Paalam Presiednt Corazon C. Aquino[/ame]

Nagulat ako na ganung ka-insensitive si Willie Revillame para sabihin ang mga yun. Dapat lang yata na sabihin niya yun off-air sa director o show producer niya para magawan ng paraan ang gusto niyang mangyari at kung di nakikinig ang mga ito sa kanya ay dapat ay pag-usapan nila yun kapag di on-air ang show niya. Ang sa akin lang kasi ay hanggang ngayon ay di pa rin natututo ng manners ang lokong yun. Sana siya na mismo ang nag-suggest sa mga boss ng Ch.2 na i-cancel na lang yung show niya for the day para respeto na lang sa dating pangulo. Pero kung wala talagang manners ang isang tao, I guess di mo talaga mapipilit na magkaroon sila.

Ang di ko lang matiis ay sige na nga kung bastos si Willie, pero bakit naman pumalakpak ang mga audience sa mga sinabi niya at nag-agree pa sila. Ibig bang sabihin ay mas importante pa yung tagal ng ipinila nila sa labas ng studio para makapasok sa show at manalo ng pera kaysa magbigay ng respeto sa libing ng isang dating pangulo? Dapat naman siguro ay pairalin natin ang mga magagandang ugali ng mga Pilipino imbes na maging masyado tayong nakatuon sa pera lang. At saka ang pakiusap ko lang sa mga boss ng Ch.2 (yun ay sinusunod pa kayo ni Willie Revillame!) ay puwede bang kontrolin ninyo ang supposed "talent" ninyo kasi ilang beses ng nagkakalat ng kabastusan at kagaguhan ang lokong ito e. Nakakahiya talaga itong taong(tao nga ba?) ito!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Pack You Willie!!!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Look oh?

http://www.petitiononline.com/badwilly/petition.html

[SIZE=+1]To: ABS CBN Management, MTRCB and PANA[/SIZE]
    To Whom It May Concern:

I am an avid viewer of ABS CBN and I am very well up-to-date regarding their shows. Without any doubt, I am a Kapamilya. However, last August 03, 2009, an incident happened when Wowowee Host Willie Revillame blurted out comments when a video of Pres. Cory's cortege appeared on the screen.

While a contestant was dancing for the talent portion, a snippet of Pres. Cory Aquino's cortege was shown on the screen. But Willie did not cut short the dancing portion. Instead, he let the contestant finish her routine. After that, he blurted out comments regarding the video of Pre. Cory's cortege. He said:

"Kung ganyan, pakita na lang natin 'yan. Kasi nagsasaya kami dito, tapos... Masakit sa akin 'yan, e. Nagsasalita ako dito... 'yan, please. Sana maintindihan n'yo. Nagsasaya kami dito, papakita n'yo sa amin yun ang... di ba? Hindi tama, e. Okey? Hindi ba?"

"Pangit! Hindi ho maganda sa atin. Nagsasalita, ipinapakita yung kabaong ni Tita Cory, hindi ba? Papano kami makapagsasaya, nahihirapan kami? I'm sorry ho, ha. Pero ako, totoo ako, e. 'Wag n'yo akong pagagalitan, kasi totoo ang gusto kong malaman...

"Pagkatapos ng show, ipakita n'yo ang gusto n'yong palabas. Kasi itong Wowowee, gusto ko... Hindi ba, at alam din ni Tita Cory 'yan dahil napasaya rin siya ng show na ito na laging masaya dito, ok?"

Some may argue that Willie's intention was good, but I rather find these statements rude and arrogant. Wowowee and Revillame is known by millions of Filipino viewers and the show is even watched across several countries through TFC. To react in such way is downright arrogant and disrespectful to the former President Corzaon Aquino. I know that it was a bad taste for ABS-CBN to show a snippet of the funeral on Wowowee, but it was worst for Revillame to react that way.

Willie have chosen to let the contestant dance instead of cutting short her act and give way to the coverage of the cortege. Willie have chosen to blurt out his rude comments ON-AIR instead of Off-cam. In short, Willie have chosen to have fun instead of giving way to the funeral of Pres. Corazon Aquino. So they'd rather have fun instead of pay our respects to our democracy icon? That was not a good example to our youth today.

Was it really hard for him to be humble and human? I believe that this is not the first time that he aired his views and rather arrogant comments On-air. He embarasses his staff, makes fun of the contestants, and arrogantly act on TV almost everyday. Pres. Aquino taught us humility, and Revillame is showing us the exact opposite: arrogance.

This time, Willie's statement should be condemed not only by the public, but by the management of ABS-CBN as well. It also creates a public outrage in the internet forums, chatting boards, and online-newspapers. Majority have negative reactions and have condemned Willie Revillame's brutal statements.

With this, I am calling the attention of the management of ABS-CBN to stop the “arrogant act� of Willie Revillame on National TV program and reprimand him because of his actions. Willie Revillame had been very disrespectful to the Pres. Cory Aquino's cortege, Filipinos icon of democracy. It was also worst for your company that your own employee criticize you on national television instead on off the air conversations.

I am calling the attention of the MTRCB to be more vigilant, so that this lowest form of personal attack by a tv showbiz talk show host, for her/his personal agenda, will not happen again

I am calling the PANA to stop supporting Wowowee until they axe or reprimand Willie Revillame due to his actions. With him as one of the hosts, your product does not project a positive image to the public.

The public and TFC subscribers deserve better programming, and we deserve better than the likes of Willie Revillame.

Sincerely,
    The Undersigned
    Last edited by carlo_41786; August 7th, 2009 at 08:48 AM. Reason: Quote added

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Same sentiments here too.

Pero hindi kaya wala lang makitang kapalit ang ABS kaya pinagtitiisan nila si Willie?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    hehe.. bayaan niyo na si willie. he may be living a life full of luxuries, but his millions won't buy him happiness. hanggang ngayon, wala pa rin siyang mahanap na babaeng magmamahal kasi ang panget ng ugali niya. at dahil sa hindi niya magandang asal, i doubt it if he can ever be truly happy in his lifetime.

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    part of the petition...

I am calling the attention of the MTRCB to be more vigilant, so that this lowest form of personal attack by a tv showbiz talk show host, for her/his personal agenda, will not happen again

hahaha... pinaaabangan si Joey de leon

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    walang breeding eh

tactless jologs

kahit may millions pa siya

money can't buy breeding

there's no check point between his mouth and his brain

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
What makes Willie Revillame click?