New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2007
    ayus to ah!

I know it's only September 16th and all, but it kind of feels like Christmas morning. That’s because when I opened up my Macbook just now, an insanely cool visual treat from a trusted source was just sitting there, patiently waiting in my inbox like a hungry kitty (that weak metaphor will become a sly pun by the end of this story).
    Lets face it. After the 'Fallen' got their 'Revenge' on us last summer by duping us into spending our hard-earned coin on a lackluster [COLOR=green ! important][COLOR=green ! important]TRANSFORMERS[/color][/color]
    sequel, it quickly became apparent that Optimus and Co. were already starting to gather a bit of rust. But for those anxiously awaiting an heir apparent to breathe fresh life into the massive-metal-monster genre, it looks like the oft-rumored VOLTRON movie may finally be gaining some traction.
    It appears that Atlas Entertainment has taken the reins on the project and is gearing up a pretty impressive pitch. Apparently, they've hired the currently hot [COLOR=green ! important][COLOR=green ! important]screenwriting[/color][/color] tag-team of Thomas Donnelly and Joshua Oppenheimer. The names may not sound familiar to you, but they might soon. The duo wrote the upcoming CONAN flick, and are currently scribing the DR. STRANGE and UNCHARTED: DRAKE'S FORTUNE adaptations.
    Now for that whole "Christmas morning" part. The highlight of the pitch comes in the form of a handful of wicked (and carnage-heavy) concept art. Looks like they're definitely not prepping a Saturday morning cartoon for the kiddies. Check out the JoBlo.com exclusive images of Voltron and Robeast tearing our planet to shreds now (click to see them in hi-res) and here's hoping we get more feline robot exclusives in the future!
    Source: JoBlo.com

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    bigger images:

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    is it an animated movie?

I don't like the Michael Bay Transformers rendition of Voltron.

but then, the blocky old-school voltron would look ridiculous if brought over to this day and age.

I hope they change the robo-organic, insides-exposed design.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Gaiking Trailer

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXDxzQNsYa4"]YouTube - GAIKING Teaser Trailer HD[/ame]

I'm not familiar with this series. mas classic pa yata ito kay Voltes V.
    Last edited by Negus; September 26th, 2010 at 02:46 PM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I remember Gaiking animation was shown a few weeks before Marcos banned robot cartoons from TV. I think that is the reason why not a lot of people are familiar with this.

The animation I remember is a giant dinosaur like robot mothership. The Gaiking robot is the head of the mothership which can be separated to initially form the chest/torso of the Gaiking robot.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; September 26th, 2010 at 03:40 PM.

VOLTRON movie - live action