New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Nakakabaliw yung disclaimer na "No Approved Therapeutic Claims". Para mo naring sinabi na "Our Product Doesn't Really Work". :hysterical:

Besides the shampoo commercials with the bionic hairs, pinakakinaiinisan ko yung mga child's milk commercials. Accelerated to KINDER?! Di ba pwede ka nang dumeretso sa grade 1 pag sais anyos ka na sinong ginagago nila!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Food supplement sellers are not supposed to make claims that their products can treat any disease. Their products do not undergo clinical trials to prove it. Kaya BFAD had to regulate them with the NO APPROVED THERAPEUTIC CLAIMS thing.

The sellers of Liveraid (silymarin) are not supposed to make claims that it can cure liver ailments. They can only go as far as saying it can somehow protect the liver from damage due to alcohol and fatty diet.

The regulation is also there to protect legitimate drug makers. If people are told a cheap supplement can cure their ailment, the pharma/prescription drug makers will go out of business.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

May opinion ako re the marketing strategy of C2 green tea The marketers of C2 are using the health benefits of green tea (which really does have benefits) to promote their product.

The amount of green tea in C2 is tiny. it's water, flavoring, lots of sugar. and a tiny bit of green tea extract. Real,full power, full leaf green tea is bitter as hell. That's where u get health benefits --- from full strength green tea. C2 is nothing compared to the real stuff.

If people buy C2 just for refreshment, that's ok. Just like people who buy softdrinks.

But if people buy C2 thinking it is healthier than softdrinks, the marketers have succeeded.
    Last edited by uls; January 9th, 2007 at 03:53 PM.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    *cutedoc: none of those exercise things work.

The best way to get great abs is to exercise. Nothing beats working with free weights. If you need to buy anything, buy an exercise mat to do your crunches on.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    My uncle who is a chief cardiologist in a hospital in the UK was shocked when he saw the tv ad ng LiverAid.

He was "devastated" when he saw the characters of the ad holding up a large mug of beer on one hand and a large piece of porkchop on the other and declaring to everyone that ok lang na bumanat tayong kumain at uminom nito basta mag LiverAid ka!

I told him that the product is even endorsed by no less than a leading(?) actor who also claims to be fit.

He said that if an ad like that ever went out in the UK, Interpol would arrest everyone from the company and even the ad characters . He said na "if that product's claim is true then that company would be richer than Bill Gates! What a lorrie (truck) load of s#!t!"

asar na asar nga din ako sa commercial na yan, it's as if Liveraid gives you the license to drink pork lard and booze

i also noticed that the model on one of the local shampoo ad seems to have CGI-enhanced hair.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    Food supplement sellers are not supposed to make claims that their products can treat any disease. Their products do not undergo clinical trials to prove it. Kaya BFAD had to regulate them with the NO APPROVED THERAPEUTIC CLAIMS thing.

The sellers of Liveraid (silymarin) are not supposed to make claims that it can cure liver ailments. They can only go as far as saying it can somehow protect the liver from damage due to alcohol and fatty diet.

The regulation is also there to protect legitimate drug makers. If people are told a cheap supplement can cure their ailment, the pharma/prescription drug makers will go out of business.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

May opinion ako re the marketing strategy of C2 green tea The marketers of C2 are using the health benefits of green tea (which really does have benefits) to promote their product.

The amount of green tea in C2 is tiny. it's water, flavoring, lots of sugar. and a tiny bit of green tea extract. Real,full power, full leaf green tea is bitter as hell. That's where u get health benefits --- from full strength green tea. C2 is nothing compared to the real stuff.

If people buy C2 just for refreshment, that's ok. Just like people who buy softdrinks.

But if people buy C2 thinking it is healthier than softdrinks, the marketers have succeeded.
    "No Approved Therapeutic Claims" is still a stupid disclaimer, that practically says "This Thing Does Not Work", IMO.

You're right about the C2 (and the rest of the "natural extract drink" bandwagon). It's like the "Low Carbs" thing with US food stuff. I know a few people who buy C2 because they think it'll make them healthier. I like C2 myself, but I generally don't buy it because it's fairly expensive.

There's also the culture factor. I've been quite a few times been complimented as "health conscious" mainly because I don't drink softdrinks and walk a lot. However, I never liked softdrinks even as a kid (any carbonated drink, especially the canned ones), and I walk a lot because I'm a student who has to 'cause he's broke. If my practices are healthy, then I consider that a very nice side effect, but that's not the reason why I do them.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk View Post
    i also noticed that the model on one of the local shampoo ad seems to have CGI-enhanced hair.
    All of them are! A bunch of hair doesn't fall one-by-one when you let go of it, and neither can it "dance" when the person is sitting down (complete with totally wrong reflections/lighting errors ).

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    No problem if u drink C2 coz u like the taste. Masarap naman talaga e.

Just dont rely on C2 to keep u from getting cancer.

----------------------------------------------------

Marketers/advertisers are very bright. They can convince an eskimo to buy ice cubes. So be mindful of their ways.
    Last edited by uls; January 9th, 2007 at 09:18 PM.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    When I have diarrhea... nothing compares...

To Gatorade. Complete ions, dextrose and sucrose... better than Sprite for rehydration (and it took me too long to figure that out...). Posh on C2... couldn't stomach it during my bout of stomach flu... Besides, my favorite flavor of "natural" drinks is One Red Lite... which is mostly artificial flavoring, anyway.... :lol:

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Ya i also drink gatorade when i have diarrhea. Bet gatorade didnt plan on being a pedialyte competitor hehe.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Re: C2.

If you drink it over a regular soda - you'll end up healthier. Hehe. I think this is what should be really portrayed. But drinking it over say a real hot tea - then that's just misleading already.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Truth in advertising!!!