New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue View Post
    bad trip nga yan ganyan. i remember dati nademanda yun hard disk manufacturer, d ko lang matandaan kung seagate yun. kasi daw 10GB ang advertise pero pag nabili mo na, 9.xxGB lang pala, 20GB around 18.xxGB lang daw. kaya hayun dinemanda daw sa America, d ko na lang na-monitor kung ano naging outcome.

nakakatawa pero true.

Never heard of such but im sure it was dismissed.

Manufacturers and Operating systems have different ways of measuring space. Just like Kilometeres and Miles. Same distance, diff figures.

Manufacturers measure 1MB as 1000 bytes
    Operating Systems such as Microsoft Windows measure 1MB as 1024 bytes

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    bad trip nga yan ganyan. i remember dati nademanda yun hard disk manufacturer, d ko lang matandaan kung seagate yun. kasi daw 10GB ang advertise pero pag nabili mo na, 9.xxGB lang pala, 20GB around 18.xxGB lang daw. kaya hayun dinemanda daw sa America, d ko na lang na-monitor kung ano naging outcome.

nakakatawa pero true.
    Really!?! Hehe, baka nga naman mababa na talaga yung capacity to begin with. Yung iba kasi nagrereklamo kapag sinabi ni Windows na bawas yung capacity... Iba kasi ang basa ng OS, mas maliit talaga AFAIK.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Yan ang explanation ko lagi sa waxes, yung "up to" hehe.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    but if you read their website or on a big ads, theres a guarantee speed, and it its shouldnt be lower than the paid speed like if your paying for a 256kbps, it should never go below that though it could go "up to"512kbps as published

actually if you look at globe bills, madami ding hidden charges...

no approved therapeutic claims
    brestmilk is still best for babies
    smoking is hazardous to your health

observed some of these wording they are written, but on small, minute font size... to possibly fool the buyer=) yet their claims, their testimonies and advertisement is very very bold...

sometimes i feel mas ok pa to get a direct competition, like you name names of your competitor...
    i was searching for a product in costco in states, there are several products that are placed along with each other of the same generic but diff brands yet the cheaper products claims it has all what the more expensive product has, as shown on their ingredients and nutritional content...

like its fair to advertise mcdo vs jollibee claiming whose got a more nutritional value, for me you could do that but it should be the truth=)

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002

nakakatawa pero true.
    pag naformat kasi gumagamit ng disk space para sa file system kaya nababawasan. dapat gagawa sila ng disk may pasobra na para pagnaformat
    sakto lng sa minamarket na numbers

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You want stupid claims?

Toyo, Patis, etc nakakatalino, Cooking oil na good the heart (kahit fried chicken yung linuto) ampucha.

How dumb do advertisers think people are?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    actually advertisers extract and boast 1% good about the product the 99% they dont have time for that as they are busy counting their money...

nung nauso ang vitamin a,lahat ng products kasama sa advertisement nila ang vitamin a.

vitamin c as well, though sa mumurahing "fruit"(flavored juices) there really is vitamin c, they put or add them to the products BUT they dont emphasize on how much sugar you take if you consume just one tetra pack of their juice...

lycopene though good,is a victim of advertisement as well, check on the tomato sauce you are using, tomatoes really has lycopene, look at the details of how much sodium on a serving of your tamato products...

advertiser pacify, beautify and put so much icing on its cake to enhance the worst underneath, though i am fooled by this as well, a popular chips has the tagline baked not fried, however, you still use fat in baking...though lesser evil, still is evil...

8. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    what i find as crap advertisements are

1. shampoo na yung hair ay sobrang ganda at shiny
    2. whitening lotions and soaps

niloloko nila ang mga pinay!

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Advertising in this country is so badly regulated, it's sickening.

I can't believe they allow advertising such as Osaka... or even worse, those with fictional claims, such as a certain "fuel saver" which uses fictional characters as "witnesses".

But, like some of you have said, major advertisers aren't much better. Ever stop to think?

"Up to three times better than other toothpastes?" - as long as those toothpastes are the baking soda kind, not the flouride kind...

Baby Formulas and kids milk... very interesting claims... all unproven... Sometimes, I look at the nutritional labels, and I wonder... why are we paying three times the amount (compared to cheaper local formulas) for a formula with just an additional 5-10% in terms of strength? (I don't have a choice, though... my baby needs hypoallergenic milk)

Lycopene - as stated... like Vitamin B and Vitamin E, overhyped. I like the new commercial on a women's calcium replenishment product... "Calci-Lock"... aba, may brand name na pala ang combination ng vitamins? :hysterical:

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by nemo's friend View Post
    what i find as crap advertisements are

1. shampoo na yung hair ay sobrang ganda at shiny
    2. whitening lotions and soaps

niloloko nila ang mga pinay!
    Sis,- marami naman kasing nagpapaloko, eh!

Isipin mo naman, endorsement ng kanilang mga ini-idolong artista!

:starwars:

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Truth in advertising!!!