New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Ito ah hindi lang sa topgear.....almost all mainstream automobile columnist dito pinas walang bahyag...... Hindi kaya atakehin ang casa service...... Decades na kalokohan, bulok na trabaho, overprice labor waley ako mabasa article na kinokondena ito.....

si topgear - nagfeeling mmda puro traffic violators binanatan.....nadale nung nagkamali pinagbintangan.

deakin - ewan ko ano nangyari. bakit protectahan manipulator na uber/grab. At marami daw mawalan panghulog sa mga nagloan..... Ano ba talaga purpose......ride sharing ba talaga..... Bumuli 12 unit, 8unit....tapos ride sharing....hello....

inquirer car columinist - Ang advice palagi "magpa-ayos daw everytime sa casa... mas safe daw".....

Pweeeeh!!!!!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    James Deakin connects to the people. I mean he knows what the people need/want without being too know-it-all.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Maybe todays writers could take their writing up a notch by learning from the past masters.

from David E. Davis' article on the BMW 2002, Car and Driver, April 1968:

First stoplight. I blow off aging Plymouth sedan and 6-cylinder Mustang. Not worthy of my steel. Too easy. Next time. Big old 6-banger Healey and '65 GTO. GTO can't believe I'm serious, lets me get away before he opens all the holes and comes smoking past with pain and outrage all over his stricken countenance. Nearly hits rear-end of truck in panicky attempt to reaffirm virility. Austin-Healey a different matter. Tries for all he's worth, but British engineering know-how and quality-craftsmanship not up to the job. I don't even shift fast from third to fourth, just to let him feel my utter contempt.
    In its unique ability to blend fun-and-games with no-nonsense virtue, this newest BMW also reflects another traditional American article of faith—our unshakable belief that we can find and marry a pretty girl who will expertly cook, scrub floors, change diapers, keep the books, and still be the greatest thing since the San Francisco Earthquake in bed. It's a dream to which we cling eternally, in spite of the fact that nobody can recall it ever having come true. But, as if to erase our doubts, along comes an inexpensive little machine from Bavaria that really can perform the automotive equivalent of all those diverse domestic and erotic responsibilities, and hope springs anew.
    Now turn your hymnals to Number 2002 and we'll sing two choruses of Whispering Bomb...
    1968 BMW 22 – Review – Car and Driver

------------

David E. Davis' article on the Pinzgauer, Car and Driver, July 1978:

If you take off all your clothes, set fire to your hair, then walk majestically through a meeting of the Daughters of the American Revolution, you'll get some feeling for what it's like to drive through any congested urban area in the Car and Driver Pinzgauer - a tall mobile box that never fails to make spectators smile and off-roaders' hearts beat faster.
    Steyr-Daimler-Puch Vehicles - Car and Driver 7/78

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Topgear PH is like Yugatech ...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    How about comics just like the ones in Road and Track magazine?

6. Join Date
    Jan 2007

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12