New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    For those waiting for the next season of TOP GEAR UK on TV...

Top Gear won't be returning until 2010. As they stated in the last episode this season, which aired several weeks ago, they ran out of cars.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    For those waiting for the next season of TOP GEAR UK on TV...
    due to crisis?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by baker123 View Post
    due to crisis?
    Probably. Due to the economic crisis, many car makers have cut down the number of models they make and sell. Others have closed or in deep financial straits.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    they ran out of cars?
    crisis?

i don't get it
    pa explain naman siguro a little more broad para maintindihan ko why

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    And the lack of advertisers/sponsors willing to back the show...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Altis6453 View Post
    And the lack of advertisers/sponsors willing to back the show...
    I don't think advertisers and sponsors would be a problem with Top Gear UK since it's one of the top ranking tv entertainment shows in the whole of UK.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    They reviewed less cars lately and spent most of the season doing stupid segments. I noticed Fifth Gear has fewer episodes, 7 instead of the usual 10 or twelve per season. Also BBC has a existing ban on advertising in all their shows.
    Last edited by Monseratto; September 14th, 2009 at 06:50 PM.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    BBC bans advertising? That's insane, how will they make money then?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    naku paano na ang laugh trip at mga cars?

They could feature sub-compacts instead but I hear Jeremy complaining on the lack of power, Richard complaining on the cheap and plasticky feel, and Captain Slow even slower on sub-compact cars.

Sigh. Watched 5th gear but I was entertained more by Top Gear.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    The English do strange things I guess.
    BBC is a goverment funded entity. No need advertising. Advertising placement pala ang bawal.

Ban on TV product placement 'to be lifted'

LONDON (AFP) – The government will ease strict rules on product placement on television shows in an attempt to boost the advertising revenues of struggling broadcasters, reports said Sunday.

Independent broadcasters will be allowed to take payments for displaying commercial products during shows, but the BBC will still be banned, according to the Sunday Telegraph newspaper.

The ban will also remain for children's programmes across all networks.

A senior government source told the paper: "The climate has changed and we are now ready to allow product placement in certain circumstances."

Culture Secretary Ben Bradshaw is expected to announce a three-month consultation on the changes as early as later this week, the BBC said.

Under current law, programmes are allowed to use products such as laptops and clothing as props but are forbidden from receiving cash in exchange for the placement.

In contrast, product placement is common on networks in the United States, with the highly popular American Idol often showing brands such as Coca-Cola logos on the cups of judges.

A spokesman for commercial broadcaster ITV welcomed the move.

"If the government does decide to permit product placement, it will be warmly welcomed by the commercial broadcasting industry and advertisers alike," the spokesman said.

The creator of Big Brother, Peter Bazalgette, said product placement was already widespread and that lifting the ban was "hugely overdue".

"My prediction is that it could be worth 100 million pounds a year to commercial TV," Bazalgette said in the Sunday Mirror.

Last edited by Monseratto; September 14th, 2009 at 07:18 PM.

TOP GEAR UK - wont be back until 2010