New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Which editor do you prefer?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mike Black

10 100.00%
  • Vernon Sarne

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    as what itchywith said...

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    I just read Andre Palma's article on Inquirer's motoring section.

Looks like many are up in arms against Mike Black's departure from Top Gear Philippines.

In retrospect of Vernon Sarne's recent incident and column, looks like he went for a dramatic entrance that would make us think that he's worthy of carrying the torch that Mr. Black left behind. However, I find that Mr. Sarne's pre-APC articles/columns so contradictory with what he promises now. Like Auto_Xer said, perhaps time will tell if Mr. Sarne will actually deliver the goods.

I am sure that several publications with Motoring sections have Mr. Black's Mi Ultimo Adios in it; I'm happy that Mr. Black's career on TGP has ended on a hopeful note, that it has made everyone aware of the evil politics that exist in the motoring industry.

To Mr. Sarne, with your appointment to the top post of Top Gear, I hope you do not bring back the dark ages of motoring journalism. The days of brochures and PR kits reprinted on a magazine's pages is the stuff of my childhood nightmares.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    invite kaya natin sa tsikot.com si mike black as a guest test driver and writer? :D

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    I vote for Mike Black. I was told that Mike was replaced because Isuzu pulled out their ads. Isuzu didn't like what was written in one of their articles. Medyo may patama daw sa Isuzu. I think that this is not Mike's fault. I am a business man-marketing;advertising, etc. and that happens all the time. Mangyayari din yan sa bagong editor nila na wala akong narinig kung hindi puro mali. Vernon Sarne is the same writer for Manila Times who wrote nasty things about Nexus and APC before he even tested the cars. Last week, he wrote something really stupid. Ang sinisiraan naman niya ngayon eh yung mga kapwa niya journalists sa motoring. Para namang hindi niya ginagawa yung mga binintang niya sa journalists in his article. What was that all about? I also heard that this Vernon doesn't even own a car and that's why he borrows from car dealers every week. Is he the same guy whom Deo Macalma mentioned on his radio last week too? One of the big guys in the car industry by the name of Willie Tee Ten got mad at Vernon because he was hitting on one of willie's female staff members. To get back at Vernon, as they were leaving the muddy parking lot, Willie saw Vernon standing behind his car at pinaputikan daw si Vernon ng gulong ng kotse. So Top gear-medyo magisip isip naman kayo! unti unti ng mawawala ang advertisers ninyo with that kind of notorious and egoistic editor that you have.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    bakit ba pati pagiging editor in chief na isang magazine e pinag uusapan at nagiging politika? you have the tsikot board, you have the internet, you have the option to buy the foreign/international Top Gear mag... you dont have to buy a local mag if it appears to be a waste of money.. as a consumer you have that power..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mikmik316 View Post
    bakit ba pati pagiging editor in chief na isang magazine e pinag uusapan at nagiging politika? you have the tsikot board, you have the internet, you have the option to buy the foreign/international Top Gear mag... you dont have to buy a local mag if it appears to be a waste of money.. as a consumer you have that power..
    Does that mean we CANNOT talk about it?

Its also because Top Gear Philippines was a good magazine to read when Mike Black was EIC. When Vernon Sarne took the EIC position, the magazine quality went to the toilet.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Ghosthunter,

Pakiflush naman yung toilet. Ooops teka iiri muna ako.. hehe.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i like Vernon Sarne. his name sounds cooler....like an old movie villain's :evillaugh

9. Join Date
    May 2005
    I have nothing against Sarne but I cant help but notice that he looks like Ben Chan. I think Ben is vaklush bec. if you look at the newspapers he seems to prefer to have pictures taken with male models in their undies and rarely with the ladys wearing skimpy two piece. Of course, those are just emperical evidences of his ***ual orientation and it means nothing unless he (ben ) really comes out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Top Gear EIC: Mike Black or Vernon Sarne?