New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Just goes to show the kind of people they're trying to please.... Observe the entertainment on TV for both Channels 2 and 7, who are, no doubt, jostling for the #1 position. . .

7404:laundry:

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Just goes to show the kind of people they're trying to please.... Observe the entertainment on TV for both Channels 2 and 7, who are, no doubt, jostling for the #1 position. . .

The "Target Audience" thing. Too bad we guys here don't share the same taste as their target audience, nor chew on whatever channels 2 & 7 throw at us.

--Argumentum ad Populum--

"It's politically incorrect. But everyone likes it. So we have to make more of it." - media execs

No wonder I never watch local TV channels except for news. Why? Because I don't like how they exploit people who can't afford cable.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Even the newscasts of both networks are geared toward the masa. Just read the ticker tapes. Typically you will have serious news followed by si ano at si ano nag break na... or buntis kaya si kwan?...etc. What is worse is half the time you do not even know the starlets they are trying to promote. It is like, who cares? Well, except for the masa they are trying to attract.

Even ANC, which is trying hard to be the local version of CNN, inserts trivia stuff on ABS-CBN's stable of starlets as a way of promoting them in its newscasts. That's why I avoid the local newscasts as well.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by architect View Post
    Even the newscasts of both networks are geared toward the masa. Just read the ticker tapes. Typically you will have serious news followed by si ano at si ano nag break na... or buntis kaya si kwan?...etc. What is worse is half the time you do not even know the starlets they are trying to promote. It is like, who cares? Well, except for the masa they are trying to attract.

Even ANC, which is trying hard to be the local version of CNN, inserts trivia stuff on ABS-CBN's stable of starlets as a way of promoting them in its newscasts. That's why I avoid the local newscasts as well.
    Hahahaha!!!

25% news
    35% showbiz news
    40% commercials

We will be living in a productive society when them guys who produce those news program remove everything showbiz related. But I still watch the evening news.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    I remember RX 93.1 have this kind of program with Boom Gonzales dialing a random number and telling the person at the other end that they are a radio station and if they had a radio to tune it to the station to find out it's no prank.

Magic 89.9 have this format also a few years back with Mo dialing a number and asking the person if he/she knows Mojo Jojo.

I also noticed the FM stations now are somewhat different the way they used to be...I seldom listen to radio now and just have my CD's do the entertaining while driving.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    personally it doesn't matter rin naman, pwede naman ilipat kung hindi tipo ang tema maganda na rin yun at magiging cool ang ang sino mang nakikinig. mabawas bawasan ang init ng ulo.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Yup, that is really sad.... Everyone in our TV/Radio is trying to be "one with their target audience" to be #1 in the rating....

OT: Iyong nagre-report ng traffic situation sa Channels 2 & 7,- may patalun-talon pa at pasayaw-sayaw na parang lvka-lvkang gagamba. It's not really "cute". Actually, nakakaasar.... But, looking at the other side,- they have a family to feed, just like us.....

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    May peborit akong FM stations noon. Yung 94.7FM (WLL) na puro love songs ang pini-play. Lesser talk, more music. And yung 92.3FM (WRS ba yun?), yung boses nung babae, nakaka-antok. Yung WRock (96.3FM) ang hindi pa ata nagpapalit ng format.

Yung 93.1 RX FM noon, dun nauso yung mga Tagalog Jokes.

Sa 90.7 (Love Radio) naman, puro tawa maririnig mo. Yung si Chris Tsuper at Nicole. At yung Bading sa 91.5FM, kaboses ni Ogie Diaz........ala kwenta!

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I find Richard Gomez's way of emcee-ing the pinoy version of family feud very irritating. the way he speaks is just so "kalye". And he sometime's inappropriately hang's he's arms around some female contestants which is so unprofessional.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Negus View Post
    I find Richard Gomez's way of emcee-ing the pinoy version of family feud very irritating. the way he speaks is just so "kalye". And he sometime's inappropriately hang's he's arms around some female contestants which is so unprofessional.
    Napapanood mo sa FM yung Family Feud?

BTTT, ganyan na pala radyo ngayon. Di ko na napapansin, matagal na kong hindi nagra-radyo e. Heaven-sent, these MP3 players. ;)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Stupid FM Radio Programs