New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    [SIZE="5"] Western Pa. man has coveted Batman comic[/SIZE]
    Wed Oct 10, 6:26 AM ET

ELLWOOD CITY, Pa. - Holy collectibles, Batman!

A near-mint copy of Detective Comics No. 27, a pre-World War II comic featuring Batman's debut, was recently found in an attic and sold to a local collector.

The comic is considered to be the second-most valuable available and can fetch up to $500,000. The only comic considered more valuable is Action Comics No. 1, in which Superman makes his first appearance.

Collector Todd McDevitt said the Batman issue he bought is worth about $250,000, but he won't say exactly how much he paid or who sold it to him.

"It was a typical story of someone cleaning up junk in their attic and finding an old comic book and wondering if this was one of those ones that was worth a lot of money," McDevitt told the Beaver County Times.

McDevitt, owner of the Pittsburgh region's five New Dimension Comics stores, said he has been saving money since 1986 so that he could buy a valuable comic when it appeared.

When the seller walked in with the Batman issue, "my eyes almost popped out of my head," McDevitt said.

"I guess I should have been more reserved, but I'm not a very good poker player," he said.

Experts estimate there are between 20 and a few hundred copies of the Batman debut.

McDevitt's comic now sits safely in an airtight bag in a bank vault. On occasion, he takes it out to show friends and customers.

"I've been toying with the idea of reading it, but I haven't yet," he said. "I'm going to savor it."

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mikaztro View Post
    [SIZE=5] Western Pa. man has coveted Batman comic[/SIZE]
    Wed Oct 10, 6:26 AM ET

ELLWOOD CITY, Pa. - Holy collectibles, Batman!

A near-mint copy of Detective Comics No. 27, a pre-World War II comic featuring Batman's debut, was recently found in an attic and sold to a local collector.

The comic is considered to be the second-most valuable available and can fetch up to $500,000. The only comic considered more valuable is Action Comics No. 1, in which Superman makes his first appearance.

Collector Todd McDevitt said the Batman issue he bought is worth about $250,000, but he won't say exactly how much he paid or who sold it to him.

"It was a typical story of someone cleaning up junk in their attic and finding an old comic book and wondering if this was one of those ones that was worth a lot of money," McDevitt told the Beaver County Times.

McDevitt, owner of the Pittsburgh region's five New Dimension Comics stores, said he has been saving money since 1986 so that he could buy a valuable comic when it appeared.

When the seller walked in with the Batman issue, "my eyes almost popped out of my head," McDevitt said.

"I guess I should have been more reserved, but I'm not a very good poker player," he said.

Experts estimate there are between 20 and a few hundred copies of the Batman debut.

McDevitt's comic now sits safely in an airtight bag in a bank vault. On occasion, he takes it out to show friends and customers.

"I've been toying with the idea of reading it, but I haven't yet," he said. "I'm going to savor it."
    comics!!! na alaala ko tuloy noon college ako dyan sa doroteo jose sa tapat ng mapua high school. daming mga comics na batman and likes noon doon...i wonder kung saan na napunta ang mga yun. tyahin ko ang mayari noon at doon ako pag lunch break. whooooww sayang yun ah.. actually mana ng tita ko ang mga comics na yun kasi ang tita ng tita ko na mayari ay mag migrate sa canada. so iniwan na yung mga comics. hanapin ko kaya.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    wow ok yan a.hobby na business pala in the near future he he he he.dapat pala yong mga dc comics ko maitago na agad sa airtight bag for safe keeping.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    have a few titles that have increased in price. sana pag uugod ugod na ako ganyan na di price ng collection ko...(i wish)

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    magkano kaya ang worth ng XMen #1? t*e yung mom ko nawala niya yung copy ko during one year's spring cleaning :seeth:

Sino Nagbabasa Dito Ng Comic Books?