New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 175 of 458 FirstFirst ... 75125165171172173174175176177178179185225275 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 4575
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    they just didn't count on the onion skinned facade of duterte...considering gma 7 also aired the political ad from trillanes w/c was, and still is, the president's primal source of contempt.

But GMA 7 did not do what they did ... i.e., NOT show the ad that was paid for THEN refuse to return the money ...

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    Hindi ba galit din si PNoy sa ABS-CBN as he said in his speech on the 25th anniversary of the channel? Or kay kabayan lang sya galit?

Noynoy-Gabby battle of egos was what did ABS-CBN in – The Manila Times

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlyt View Post
    after isara, gusto naman pagbayarin at ikunin ang properties:
    House execs want sanctions vs ABS-CBN | Inquirer News
    Was wondering if this part is even true ... who would think they could get away with declaring a 44,000 square meter property as only 44 square meters? ...

Marcoleta recalled that during the 14-day House inquiry into ABS-CBN’s franchise application, network executives had presented a title for only a 42-sq-m lot, and not the complex housing their buildings and transmitters.

House execs want sanctions vs ABS-CBN | Inquirer News

Anyway, the ones who voted against ABS have to make sure that this issue will not come back to haunt them in the future ... so they'll kick the hell out of ABS while it's down ...
    Last edited by Walter; July 21st, 2020 at 08:54 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    If you have made too many enemies, don’t expect them to be your friends when in need. Hehehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    If Gina Lopez was still alive maybe she could be the bridge between Gabby and Duterte.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    grabe naman kabastos channel 2. Pucha 44thou sqm property gawin mo 2 bedroom condo!!!! hahahahahha

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    grabe naman kabastos channel 2. Pucha 44thou sqm property gawin mo 2 bedroom condo!!!! hahahahahha
    Fake news ka naman. Ganun malakas loob nila i-submit yun documents Pra ibaon sarili nila?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    NOT TRUE ... they counted on Mar winning ... since every candidate that they backed has always won ... they never expected Duterte to win since they were supposedly THE "king makers" ... their arrogance during Pnoys tenure cost them the franchise renewal during his tenure ... so they moved heaven and earth to make sure Mar would win ... but he didn't ...
    FALSE ASSUMPTION.

the president was a kapamilya vip for 17 years. his sunday morning tv talk show "gikan sa masa" (from the masses in english) was aired on tv and simultaneously broadcasted on their am radio regional network for almost 2 decades. and due to that, his popularity amplified via sound bites that were re-shown on youtube and fb w/ much flavor and fanfare. not to mention that his pronouncements were quoted ad infinitum by local and national newspapers for practically a vicennial.

to say that abs-cbn wasn't part of the then slick duterte campaign machinery is just being plain obtuse.

and as every big business operates here and abroad, it would be terribly naive to believe that a big chunk of multi million corporations worth its salt do not provide - for the lack of a better word - sustenance to the campaign potty of every viable candidate. the 2016 presidential election was no different.
    Last edited by baludoy; July 21st, 2020 at 11:38 AM.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    If I've learned anything about politics, it's that you can't trust people all the time, but you can trust the direction of money all the time. Question we should be asking is, who stands to benefit from the closure/sale? Therein lies the answer.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    But GMA 7 did not do what they did ... i.e., NOT show the ad that was paid for THEN refuse to return the money ...
    abs-cbn actually SUCCESSFULLY refunded the amount of php 4 million ++ advertising moolah to the duterte group.

the remaining balance of unaired ad money, amounting to php 2.6 million, was then rejected by the presidential camp (for reasons only known to themselves) saying it would be best to just donate the sum to an entity of charity instead.
    Last edited by baludoy; July 21st, 2020 at 11:39 AM.