New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 174 of 459 FirstFirst ... 74124164170171172173174175176177178184224274 ... LastLast
Results 1,731 to 1,740 of 4581
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    they get blasted by both sides, hoping that the tahimik decides to join their side instead of the other side.

mark twain:
    "it is better to keep one's mouth closed and let people think you are a fool, than to open it and remove all doubt."
    I didn't know Mark Twain is the Father of American Literature. Fantastic stuff!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    i guess the lopezes are shaking their heads in disbelief and regret right now.

They have had it coming for a long time now ... they couldn't even get a renewal during the times when an ally was in power ... because of their arrogance of being "king makers" and untouchables ...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    They have had it coming for a long time now ... they couldn't even get a renewal during the times when an ally was in power ... because of their arrogance of being "king makers" and untouchables ...
    They should have renewed their franchise when PNOY was still in power. It could have been a lot easier to lobby for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    They should have renewed their franchise when PNOY was still in power. It could have been a lot easier to lobby for it.

but there lies the problem, aquino wasn't exactly friendly nor an ally of the lopezes - notwithstanding kris aquino (who wasn't exactly lovey-dovey w/ her brother too). remember the extensive bashing the former president got from ex-vp noli de castro and co (noynoying, saf 44, yolanda, luneta hostage taking, etc)? no special preferences were given to him during his tenure.

so in effect, abs-cbn was facing an unfriendly congress under aquino, w/c made the management decide that the prudent thing to do was postpone their franchise application. they were counting on duterte because of the immense mileage and build-up they gave him during his mayorship running up to the presidency - like i mentioned previously. they just didn't count on the onion skinned facade of duterte...considering gma 7 also aired the political ad from trillanes w/c was, and still is, the president's primal source of contempt.
    Last edited by baludoy; July 20th, 2020 at 10:51 AM.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    but there lies the problem, aquino wasn't exactly friendly nor an ally of the lopezes - notwithstanding kris aquino (who wasn't exactly lovey-dovey w/ her brother too). remember the extensive bashing the former president got from noli de castro and co (noynoying, saf 44, yolanda, luneta hostage taking, etc). no special preferences were given to him during his tenure.

so management decided that the prudent thing to do was postpone their application because they were facing an unfriendly congress. they were counting on duterte because of the immense mileage and build-up they gave him during his mayorship running up to the presidency - like i mentioned previously. they just didn't count on the onion skinned facade of duterte...considering gma 7 also aired the political ad from trillanes w/c was the president's primal source of contempt.
    I remember he was a guess in one of ABS CBN 's event and de Castro was seated frontseat tapos diretshan niya tinira.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    This is nothing more than just an attempt to grab ownership. Plain and simple.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post

Hindi ba galit din si PNoy sa ABS-CBN as he said in his speech on the 25th anniversary of the channel? Or kay kabayan lang sya galit?

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    after isara, gusto naman pagbayarin at ikunin ang properties:

House execs want sanctions vs ABS-CBN | Inquirer News

As mass actions in support of ABS-CBN mounted, pro-administration lawmakers dug their heels in over their rejection of the network’s application for a new franchise and called for more sanctions against the network, including a nearly P2-trillion fine and the seizure of its sprawling headquarters in Quezon City.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlyt View Post
    after isara, gusto naman pagbayarin at ikunin ang properties:

House execs want sanctions vs ABS-CBN | Inquirer News
    Who would have thought that such media giant like abs-cbn who have their news reporter and news anchor basically covering the house each day and probably helping them during election could not get a nod from them for a franchise renewal. Even viceral was caught off guard bragging and daring quiboloy to stop their network.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    they were counting on duterte because of the immense mileage and build-up they gave him during his mayorship running up to the presidency - like i mentioned previously. they just didn't count on the onion skinned facade of duterte...considering gma 7 also aired the political ad from trillanes w/c was, and still is, the president's primal source of contempt.

NOT TRUE ... they counted on Mar winning ... since every candidate that they backed has always won ... they never expected Duterte to win since they were supposedly THE "king makers" ... their arrogance during Pnoys tenure cost them the franchise renewal during his tenure ... so they moved heaven and earth to make sure Mar would win ... but he didn't ...