New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 98 of 458 FirstFirst ... 4888949596979899100101102108148198 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by KingoftheNorth View Post
    Looks like Yeng Constantino bit off more than she can chew. I think these doctors have enough money and resources to pursue litigation.
    Just got a message this morning from a friend complaining about how expensive it is to lawyer up. Acceptance fee of P80k then P10k per hearing. That's a regular lawyer only, what more for an abogado de campanilla

Lesson learned: Don't cross doctors, much more lawyers or anyone who can afford one

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithium View Post
    That should teach people a lesson. Not everything can be fixed with just a sorry. Especially with doctors wherein reputation and integrity are important in their career.
    i wonder,
    who is really, actively, pursuing the case?
    is it the doctor, or is it a doctors' organization?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i am wondering why the case is being pursued.
    from what i understand, humingi na ng dispensa...
    Professional reputation is a very difficult thing to restore once someone tries to destroy it, especially thru media and socmed.

I'm wondering nga why the Tulfos get away with murder with what they can say or print.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by KingoftheNorth View Post
    Professional reputation is a very difficult thing to restore once someone tries to destroy it, especially thru media and socmed.

I'm wondering nga why the Tulfos get away with murder with what they can say or print.
    i agree.
    but in this instance, mukhang yung reputacion ng artista ang nasira, hindi yung kay duktor.

the tulfos get away with it, because no one complains, in my opinion.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    i agree.
    but in this instance, mukhang yung reputacion ng artista ang nasira, hindi yung kay duktor.

I think there will still be a trial. Although mukhang sinadya yung pag-publicize ng arrest warrant. Hindi makakabiyahe for shows abroad itong si Yeng Constantino (which I think is their bread and butter outside of local tv shows).

6. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Police don't seem to actively serve warrants unless it's a high profile case. I usually have to arrange an accidental meeting between them and the person with the warrant.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithium View Post
    Just got a message this morning from a friend complaining about how expensive it is to lawyer up. Acceptance fee of P80k then P10k per hearing. That's a regular lawyer only, what more for an abogado de campanilla

Lesson learned: Don't cross doctors, much more lawyers or anyone who can afford one

Yes very expensive indeed! Someone once told me that you should have at least have 3 good friends who is an Architect, a Doctor, & a Lawyer. hehe

8. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    i agree.

They have in house lawyers, they just pay the retainer, a simple demand letter most of the time gets the job done..i have a family member thats a lawyer...before we had an issue with someone..we just sent a demand letter..didnt reach the fiscal

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsmobile View Post
    Yes very expensive indeed! Someone once told me that you should have at least have 3 good friends who is an Architect, a Doctor, & a Lawyer. hehe
    Some of our family members are..one couple is my god children sa wedding, the bride is a doctor, lawyer naman yung groom..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    i am wondering why the case is being pursued.
    from what i understand, humingi na ng dispensa...
    She said sorry? Was it a public apology? Maybe she needs to mean her sorry. Not just a sorry post somewhere. Put same effort she did embarrassing the doctor and the hospital.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk