New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 62 of 458 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112162 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    Alpha male nga. Now I understand why he is irresistible to A listers.

Pati Grab nakisakay na. Pinakamatindi etong Gerald sa lahat ng playboys.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    The fact that even you are so curious about him says it all madame Cathy.

These women are also curious and there are many more lining up just like them for sure.

OT: What's the deal with all these new Marvel movies? Haven't they ever heard of superhero franchise fatigue?

Pati Fantastic 4 remake na naman daw, that's going to be a tall order after so many flops for that franchise.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sparc179 View Post

OT: What's the deal with all these new Marvel movies? Haven't they ever heard of superhero franchise fatigue?

Pati Fantastic 4 remake na naman daw, that's going to be a tall order after so many flops for that franchise.
    as long as it still rakes in a lot of money, it ain't fatigued yet.

3. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    as long as it still rakes in a lot of money, it ain't fatigued yet.
    I guess it will really depend on how good the movies will be, Doc? A lot of factors to consider; acting, story, directing, effects, music, marketing, etc. It all has to jive just right.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    I guess it will really depend on how good the movies will be, Doc? A lot of factors to consider; acting, story, directing, effects, music, marketing, etc. It all has to jive just right.
    Disney bought marvel and they need to recoup the money fast.
    Like star wars, they will milk it dry.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post

That's another franchise on the verge of getting really tired. It's just a re-hash of the old storyline. They just changed the gender and added a few twists.

Not a fan of the new episodes and spin-offs.

The movie on Han Solo's origin story was a flop, IMHO.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    it is not easy to guess what the public will like, and not like.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post

Star Wars was for me the biggest disappointment,-

They just copied the plots of Episodes IV- A New Hope and V - The Empire Strikes Back in their Episodes VII - The Force Awakens and VIII - The Last Jedi respectively....

IV and VII - Droid in whatever variant it was, carried a secret/message; New Jedi discovered/rising and a renegade teamed-up with him/her and went with the resistance; Death Star whatever version it was, destroyed [a] planet/s; and was destroyed
    V and VIII - New Jedi trained with old Jedi- who was terribly disappointed with previous trainee; Empire attacked the base of the resistance; Old Jedi died to give time for the resistance to escape.

The similarities in the stories were really appalling!

Ano iyan, Circle of Life lang?..... Malabo,- nawala na ang creativity nila for spinning new stories and timelines,- they're just there for the money....

8. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    it is not easy to guess what the public will like, and not like.
    Well, s 3 x sells..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

They just copied the plots of Episodes IV- A New Hope and V - The Empire Strikes Back in their Episodes VII - The Force Awakens and VIII - The Last Jedi respectively....

IV and VII - Droid in whatever variant it was, carried a secret/message; New Jedi discovered/rising and a renegade teamed-up with him/her and went with the resistance; Death Star whatever version it was, destroyed [a] planet/s; and was destroyed
    V and VIII - New Jedi trained with old Jedi- who was terribly disappointed with previous trainee; Empire attacked the base of the resistance; Old Jedi died to give time for the resistance to escape.

Ano iyan, Circle of Life lang?..... Malabo,- nawala na ang creativity nila for spinning new stories and timelines,- they're just there for the money....
    It is a testament on how great george lucas is or how dumb producers are now.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Agree with this. The story arc of Star Wars beginning Episode VII is quite disappointing. I mean, I get that the studio needed to introduce new characters or heroes apart from Luke, Leia and Han but, the character development of the heroine, Rey is a little shallow (orphan, strong in the force, looking for someone as her guidehello Luke). At least the villain has this master-apprentice backstory going and it's not even fully disclosed yet.

I thought the story would develop more from Luke's perspective in how he created a new generation of Jedi and how it went wrong. But in The Last Jedi, he appeared to be diminished from how fans remember him as the guy who vanquished Darth Vader.

Parang they need new story writers.