New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by laklak
    AFAIK, plasma tv ang kelangan i refresh ang colors after several years (as per the info given to me by the techie at abenson)
    Plasma TV is made up of thousands little tubes w/ plasma gas inside. They react to electric signals to generate color. They lose a percentage of their capability after 30k or 60k hours of use. You cannot refresh the gas. Another problem w/ DLP is the rather short life of the projector bulb (I think its 5k hours), and the warm-up and cool-down time of the bulb. I think the replacement bulb is 30k petot.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by laklak
    AFAIK, plasma tv ang kelangan i refresh ang colors after several years (as per the info given to me by the techie at abenson)

Also an interesting note to those contemplating to buy RPTV, the energy consumption per hour of a 43" RPTV is less than a 29"CRT TV.
    RPTV should still be calibrated every 3-4 yrs, dahil nawawala rin sa allignment yun mga bulbs

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap
    Sir Shadow,

I saw this during Anson's Extravaganza at Glorietta's activity center, last month. The sales clerk told me, it's one of Sony's new 16:9 CRT models (aside from their 36"). The tag price reads at P89,000.

Nagka-canvass kasi ako ng wide screen TVs during that time. And, doon ko nga nakita itong 32" SONY wide screen TV. Nasa akin pa yung brochure at listahan ko, until now pati presyo. Doon ko rin nakita yung Sony RPTV 3LCD nila.
    bro, baka pwede pa post ng model no? than ks

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    People take DLP's over LCD's because they have better contrast ratios and can reproduce black levels better, the downside is a small percentage of people see rainbows on them and can't use them.

wala na panama ang DLP ng Texas Instruments ngaun sa 3LCD technology ng Epson, Sony, Sanyo etc. tinalo na naman ng hapon ang mga amerikano.

All Epson projectors use 3LCD technology. One of the major benefits of this three-chip technology is that it displays full-time red, green and blue images simultaneously, which produces outstanding image quality and rich, natural colors. Conversely, most DLP projectors use a one-chip design with a color wheel to display sequential red, green and blue color. This can result in color breakup (commonly known as the "rainbow effect"), which in some instances can result in eyestrain and a reduction of color intensity.

bilang na araw ng Infocus hehehe
    Last edited by oldblue; September 29th, 2005 at 12:46 AM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    There is a good article on link below;

http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/...giesguide8.php

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by the josh
    Sony's new grand wega doesn't have an HDMI/DVI input because it,s WEGA engine does the HD upscaling, this is according to sony. I have the 50 in. one and the picture is really jaw-dropping! It has 5-stars on all it's reviews on all the NZ home theatre magazines and is highly recommended. The only drawback is the blacks, DLP still has better blacks but the sony GW makes up for it with stunningly clear pictures, better or at par with the latest plasmas out there.. I did a lot of research and side by side comparisons (loewe, toshiba, samsung) mostly DLPs, the blacks are good but I was seeing the "rainbow effect" on all of them and it's really annoying, plus DLPs have a spinning wheel inside while LCD does'nt have one, so less moving parts the better IMO. Although the DLPs were cheaper than the sony, sony has 8000 hour lamplife which is really better than their old models. Bottomline is, my eyes did the judging and I went for the Sony, upto now I still can't believe how sharp and clear it is! Highly recommended!
    The latest LCD by Sony is the direct-view Bravia XBR in the States and it has all the bells and whistles you can find in a HDTV. Here are the list of inputs:

• Audio In: 6 (1 Front/5 Rear)

• Audio Out (Variable/Fixed): 1 (Rear)

• CableCARD™ Slot: 1 (Rear)

• Component Video (Y/Pb/Pr ) Input(s): 3 (1 Front/2 Rear) 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i

• Composite Video Input(s): 3 (1 Front/2 Rear)

• Digital Audio Output(s): Dolby® Digital Optical Output - 1 (Rear)

HDMI1 Connection Input(s): 1 (Rear) with Analog Audio

• RF Connection Input(s): 2 (Rear)

• S-Video Input(s): 1 (Rear)

• Headphone Output(s): 1 (Front)

• PC Audio Input(s): 1 (Rear)

• PC Video Input(s): 1 (Rear)

• USB Port(s): 1 (Front) - Digital Camera Port USB 2.0 High Speed
    Last edited by Monseratto; September 30th, 2005 at 08:22 AM.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    SONY Bravia XBR, parang ito yata ang joint product ng sony and samsung, with samsung providing the screen, and sony on its electronics...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
RPTV pros & cons?