New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    shadow,

we have a 57" RPTV for a few years now... la pa namang sira (except nung sinaksak ng maid yung 110V sa 220V outlet! mga 5-7K ang gastos namin para i repair)

go RPTV na!!! sulit yan kapag medyo dark yung room... then DVD! kapag Cable kasi medyo kita mo yung grains.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mazda2, ang sabi kasi sa akin every 3-4 yrs dapat daw pacalibratge mo yun mga lamps, tpos kapag nasira 5-8k per bulb? 3 bulbs so another 15k after 3 yrs, kaya medyo nagdadalawang isip ako sa RPTV, anong brand nga palka yun sa inyo?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow
    mazda2, ang sabi kasi sa akin every 3-4 yrs dapat daw pacalibratge mo yun mga lamps, tpos kapag nasira 5-8k per bulb? 3 bulbs so another 15k after 3 yrs, kaya medyo nagdadalawang isip ako sa RPTV, anong brand nga palka yun sa inyo?
    calibrate yung lamps? hmmm... la namang ganun sa manual... check ko na rin.

Pioneer yung nakuha namin.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    kimpoy, ako rin napaisip dyan sa LG na yan, sabi sa akin phase out na dw kasi yan model kay sale na lang...
    yan na lang dalawa pinagiisipan ko samsung CRT 32" wide screen or LG RPTV 43" wide screen...

tulong mga tsikoters!!!!

Check SONY's 32" wide screen TV. Meron din sila. Price is P89K. Available in Anson's.

5. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto
    A HDTV should have either DVI or HDMI inputs. These are the input of choice for the upcoming Blu-ray DVD and HD-DVD for the upscaling features. I think the Sony TVs here in RP don't have these feature.
    Sony's new grand wega doesn't have an HDMI/DVI input because it,s WEGA engine does the HD upscaling, this is according to sony. I have the 50 in. one and the picture is really jaw-dropping! It has 5-stars on all it's reviews on all the NZ home theatre magazines and is highly recommended. The only drawback is the blacks, DLP still has better blacks but the sony GW makes up for it with stunningly clear pictures, better or at par with the latest plasmas out there.. I did a lot of research and side by side comparisons (loewe, toshiba, samsung) mostly DLPs, the blacks are good but I was seeing the "rainbow effect" on all of them and it's really annoying, plus DLPs have a spinning wheel inside while LCD does'nt have one, so less moving parts the better IMO. Although the DLPs were cheaper than the sony, sony has 8000 hour lamplife which is really better than their old models. Bottomline is, my eyes did the judging and I went for the Sony, upto now I still can't believe how sharp and clear it is! Highly recommended!

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by the josh
    Sony's new grand wega doesn't have an HDMI/DVI input because it,s WEGA engine does the HD upscaling, this is according to sony. I have the 50 in. one and the picture is really jaw-dropping! It has 5-stars on all it's reviews on all the NZ home theatre magazines and is highly recommended. The only drawback is the blacks, DLP still has better blacks but the sony GW makes up for it with stunningly clear pictures, better or at par with the latest plasmas out there.. I did a lot of research and side by side comparisons (loewe, toshiba, samsung) mostly DLPs, the blacks are good but I was seeing the "rainbow effect" on all of them and it's really annoying, plus DLPs have a spinning wheel inside while LCD does'nt have one, so less moving parts the better IMO. Although the DLPs were cheaper than the sony, sony has 8000 hour lamplife which is really better than their old models. Bottomline is, my eyes did the judging and I went for the Sony, upto now I still can't believe how sharp and clear it is! Highly recommended!
    It is quite strange for Sony to omit such a feature. THeir models in US market have this input. The HDMI or DVI input is becoming a standard even in computer monitors. Even the Syntax LCD and Kolin Plasma have this input.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    ano naman yun DLP?
    DLP's have one chip with light reflected off it that passes through the color wheel to generate a picture. The chip works in synch with the primary colors on the wheel and actually creates 3 seperate images per frame, one for each color. It does it fast enough that the set tricks the average human brain and we see the 3 images as one frame. This is what causes the rainbow effect, some people can process the seperate images fast enough to pick the colors apart. The color wheel doesn't replace the need for LCD chips.

People take DLP's over LCD's because they have better contrast ratios and can reproduce black levels better, the downside is a small percentage of people see rainbows on them and can't use them.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by chua_riwap
    Check SONY's 32" wide screen TV. Meron din sila. Price is P89K. Available in Anson's.
    anong branch? are you sure it's wide screen? dahil I check sony at GB3 meron sila wide screen but price way above P89k...

9. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Sir Shadow,

I saw this during Anson's Extravaganza at Glorietta's activity center, last month. The sales clerk told me, it's one of Sony's new 16:9 CRT models (aside from their 36"). The tag price reads at P89,000.

Nagka-canvass kasi ako ng wide screen TVs during that time. And, doon ko nga nakita itong 32" SONY wide screen TV. Nasa akin pa yung brochure at listahan ko, until now pati presyo. Doon ko rin nakita yung Sony RPTV 3LCD nila.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    AFAIK, plasma tv ang kelangan i refresh ang colors after several years (as per the info given to me by the techie at abenson)

Also an interesting note to those contemplating to buy RPTV, the energy consumption per hour of a 43" RPTV is less than a 29"CRT TV.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
RPTV pros & cons?