New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ang daming sales ngayon for RPTV 43" and up ano ba ang pros and cons nito? compared to CRT tv?

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    Honestly, not much but a bigger viewing landscape. The 43" being sold are mostly in pan & scan 4:3 aspect ratio which is not ideal especially if you have lots of dvds which are all best viewed on an anamorphic widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio TV. Depends on one's viewing needs, 4:3 is ideal for regular TV programs and 16:9 is more ideal for widescreen content (like DVDs and HDTV). Both aspect ratios can be used with regular TV programs and widescreen contents.

CRT is still best in terms of screen quality because of its better contrast and blacks. RPTV need to be calibrated properly to attain good results and it is quite sensitive to background light (picture may appear washed out in a brightly lit room).

Well, I started a similar thread in another board. So that there's not too much redundancy in information around.

Visit it here

Last edited by number001; September 24th, 2005 at 09:20 PM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    good quality lang naman RPTV kapag naka-dvd ka, but regular cable d maganda.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    good quality lang naman RPTV kapag naka-dvd ka, but regular cable d maganda.
    Yup maganda lang ang RPTV kung HD ready na siya at may HD digital terminal ka. Here abroad may mga ibang stations na nagbobroadcast in HD especially yung mga sports channel. All you need is good quality cables para mapanood mo siya ng malinaw pero its still much better to have a HD digital terminal. Kung ordinary cables lang gamit mo, generally the bigger your RPtv is, the more distorted the screen becomes when viewing ordinary tv channels. So most of the time youll be using your dvd player on your RPTV.
    CRT's have good picture quality up to a certain screen size but flat panel LCDs are way better. Yung mga DLP and LCD based RPTVs naman are only good talaga if your viewing in HD or using a dvd player which sometimes can compete with plasmas.

I recently bought 2 flat panel LCDs where im only using ordinary cables. Compared to my sony wega CRT, mas malinaw pa rin ang LCD. Yung DLP RPTV ko naman ay ginagamitan ko ng HD terminal and has the best picture quality among the three when using HD format. The problem is not all stations are in HD kaya minsan mas maganda yung mga smaller televisions ko.

Ang hindi ko alam is if we are also using HD in the philippines or kung may mga high def terminals tayo diyan. Sayang kasi kung HD ready na mga tvs pero wala namang HD broadcasts sa atin. Nagmumuni-muni lang po.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    wala pa akong experience regarding RPTV's but i would go for Samsung DLP RPTV's if i were to buy one ;)

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    well may lifespan din ang RPTV...unang mag conk out diyan is the convergence board...which is pricey 25K or its IC 9K (toshiba brand, yan ang problem ko ngayon)

hindi rin advisable may games sa RPTV nagkakaroon ng burn out sa screeen

and dapat nasa sweetspot ka pare ma appreciated mo ang pinapanood mo

pero kapag nasa well dim room ka sarap manood ng dvd na may kasama pop corn.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Advantage ng RPTV over other type of TV is its price/inch. Its cheap, but its bulky, have a lifespan of 10-12 years before the tubes start to fail, and it require constant focussing (alignment). Your viewing angle is much narrower. CRTs are limited by their size (36"), is slowly being phased out (try looking for one in Singapore or Hong Kong) because its very toxic (Lead) to make one and dispose of. LCDs have a lag problem and the blacks and grey are mixed up. Also size is a problem, direct-view LCDs are only up to 36" so far.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    I think local cable companies are trying to improve the video quality signal of cable TV. first time we used our RPTV last 2k3, ampangit talaga manood sa cable, even HBO, Cinemax na medyo improved ang cable-cast compared to other channels - para ka din na stretched-out VCD. But lately, gumaganda na sya. somewhere between VCD & DVD na ang quality.

can cable companies convert to HDTV without replacing the Coax Cables?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    I recently bought 2 flat panel LCDs where im only using ordinary cables. Compared to my sony wega CRT, mas malinaw pa rin ang LCD. Yung DLP RPTV ko naman ay ginagamitan ko ng HD terminal and has the best picture quality among the three when using HD format
    *voltes V, are you in the US? if you are, kakaiingit sa inyo dyan coz the price of LCDTV is less than 60k. dito, ang mahal ng LCDTV, 20" would cost 80+ K and d pa masyado kilala brand like Syntax or Colin.

My dream PC Monitor is a widescreen LCDTV "32 with DVi running on a PCI-Express Vidcard. Napakasarap siguro mag-internet nito and also playing games like HL2, Battlefied 2, & San Andreas and others ... all-in-one, may TV, DVD viewing and hi-res monitor ka pa!

10. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Have you seen Sony's latest RPTV (3LCD tech)? It comes with 60, 50, and 42 inch wide screen models. They're all over SM, Automatic and Anson's appliance centers. This is much better than the other RPTV models. Brightness, contrast, and color is much improved and is HDTV ready also.

Prices are not cheap though. 50" is almost P289K and the 42" model is P200K.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
RPTV pros & cons?