New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you were able to watch the show this morning (me replay ata sa Star World tonite), Mig acknowledged all his fans from Australia & the Philippines who voted for him. He was proud of his roots!

Im sure after his exposure in the show, he's gonna embark for a career of his own. Magaling naman sya as a singer/performer.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    darn...talo si idol marty!!!!

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005

Not really fair since we had 4 contestants from Canada.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I watched the Star World replay. I think it really came down to the last two songs.

Migs was an acknowledged popular choice, but they've said from the beginning that his roots and direction were at odds with what INXS stood for. The fact that he chose "Bohemian Rhapsody" (trip, siguro) for his song just killed his chances. I actually thought they would eliminate Marty before Migs because his performance was also very weak, and completely NOT INXS. If Migs had tried to do something that was more to the Band's liking, or had performed better (wasn't that impressed with his rendition), he could have made it.

The last round sealed Marty's fate. His last song was a great number, but it just wasn't the right one. It felt so... so... MODERN... so Emo-core. JD's rendition and song were good old Rock and Roll, funky, sleazy, energetic... it wasn't surprising he won that round.

Whatever went on before the finals didn't matter. It was up to the band. Migs appealed to the public. Okay. Marty appealed to the audience, great. JD appealed to the band. He won. No surprise.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Rock Star INXS