New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by pajerokid View Post
    One reason why i dont take to gundam that much is because they use SWORDS! I understand that makes for interesting animation action but... well... ewan ko ba hehe. swords and mecha, for me, equates to voltes V and voltron... something more for kids....something more fantastic.

In Macross kasi, you dont see an attachment to the mecha. theyre just machines. no special powers, no fancy swords.
    Melee fighting is a reality, whether in animation or in real life. When you run out of those bullets and missiles, you need to have a back-up plan. Heck, even Rambo has his trusty jungle knife.

And melee combat is one thing Macross and Gundam have in common, just with different methods; Battroids use jumps, kicks and punches, while Gundams primarily use beam sabers. It's just that the beam sabers Gundams use are still more or less grounded in plausible physics than, say, Voltes V's telescoping alloy laser sword or Voltron's even more improbable blazing sword. For example, beam sabers are good for only a certain period of time before they run out of charge in mid-battle, and they're only half as effective in underwater conditions, due to the nature of their composition (superheated plasma shaped by an electromagnetic field).

Quote Originally Posted by pajerokid
    Southern Cross blows!!!
    Sobra ka naman.

Kung hindi matuloy yung live-action Robotech, kahit Mospeada na lang.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; September 15th, 2007 at 12:51 PM.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by pajerokid View Post

One more thing to like about macross..... DESTROIDS!!!

Man, i love these guys!

I remember the AA version, the missle launcher version, the tomahawk (had a diecast so i remember the name) and the humongous one with four cannons. There's a hand to hand combat model also, but this is kinda plausible coz humans were preparing to go up against the zentradi giants.

also, let it be known that im NOT a robotech fan, rather a MACROSS fan.

Southern Cross blows!!!
    The Humungus one with 4 cannons is the MAC (Mobile Artillery Cannon Destroid. I love them too.
    The one with arms is the Gladiator Destroid, another one with missle drums as arms is the Spartan Destroid while a third one with i forgot the name has two double laser cannons as arms with a radar on its head. i had a few of the toys.
    i am such a fanatic that i even collected the RPG books of Robotech, macross one and Macross II. These RPG books had the complete specs of the Destroids and valkyries transformable fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by laklak View Post
    Its a good thing that some movie company picked this up. This is my favorite cartoon series of all time ( notables are txformers, voltes v, visionaries). I really only got to appreciate this tv series when they started showing it on Star TV i think in the mid 90's.

Has anyone seen the shadow chronicles (Continuation of the series after the defeat of the Invid forces)? I hope they also pursue continuing this series.
    Hindi lumabas yung DVD na yan dito. But i think you can find one in some of the Manga anime shops in Metro manila. I think it was released last year lang in japan. Try to look for the books din it tells of that story, can't remember the name of the publishing house which released the books. Or search the internet. tapos post it here para mapanood namin.
    Last edited by ale828; September 18th, 2007 at 11:06 AM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Robotech the Movie!