New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    ang ganda panaman ng Macross. it is more realistic compared to Gundamn.
    While I like Macross for its mecha designs, I beg to disagree with your statement. Have you even seen the original Mobile Suit Gundam saga? :huh:

With all due respect to Macross/Robotech, a mobile suit powered by an Earth-made ultracompact particle fusion reactor is still relatively more realistic than a transforming fighter jet powered by "exotic alien technology". :D
    Last edited by Bogeyman; September 12th, 2007 at 09:20 PM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Actually, both several Macross and Gundam series have already been appearing together in a lot of video game titles. The most recent of which is A.C.E. (Another Century's Episode) 3: The Final.

Check out the awesome intro at YouTube [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbHKUMHlXc8"]ACE 3[/ame].

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    While I like Macross for its mecha designs, I beg to disagree with your statement. Have you even seen the original Mobile Suit Gundam saga? :huh:

With all due respect to Macross/Robotech, a mobile suit powered by an Earth-made ultracompact particle fusion reactor is still relatively more realistic than a transforming fighter jet powered by "exotic alien technology". :D
    yeah, I would rather believe in Alien Technolgy over our very own Earth-made ultracompact particle fusion reactor with Gundam Titanium Technolgy.

unfortunately, I haven't seen both Bandai's Gundam or Macross Saga. I only seen Macross Zero.

but judging by it's looks, Gundam is huge, fast yet Non-Aerodynamic. looks heavy despite the "gundam metal technolgy" uses a sword with shield and wings, and colored elegantly blue, yellow and red. has anyone seen a battleship or fighter planes that uses eyecatching Sailormoon colors?

while Macross is similar to our fighter planes, and uses those Jet pack booster like we see on spaceshutles when they travel long distance. because they do ran out of fuel...

though in art designer's view. gundam's look is supercool. but I don't expect to see something cool like this in the battlefield anytime in the future.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It really depends on which Gundam series we're talking about.

The older Gundam robots are more "realistic" than the later, more fanciful, ones. In fact, Gundam, along with Macross, is credited for spawning the modern "realistic" robot anime genre... as opposed to the "super" robot era cartoons (Voltes V, Great Mazinger, Daimos, Grandizer Z (da best!), Combatra, Danguard Ace, etcetera).

I still prefer the Robotech series due to the diversity of design and the comprehensiveness of their "universe".

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You guys should be in a show called

Beat the geeks

hehehehe

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    though in art designer's view. gundam's look is supercool. but I don't expect to see something cool like this in the battlefield anytime in the future.

rion, the mobile suit you see in the picture is a variation from Gundam Wing, which has one of the flashier and more outrageous mecha designs within the Gundam metaverse. I won't blame you then if you find it cheesy compared to a VF-1.

However, there are far more plausible examples of what a Gundam (and mobile suits in general) should look like in real-world fighting conditions:

RX-79[G] Gundam, mass production ground type mobile suit

MS-09F/trop Dom Tropen, high-speed localized ground combat mobile suit

RGM-79N GM Custom, mass production general purpose multi-class mobile suit

Images taken from www.mahq.net. Copyright by Sotsu Agency/Sunrise and Bandai Entertainment, Inc. 1979-2007
    Last edited by Bogeyman; September 13th, 2007 at 04:41 PM.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The REF? Is that the lost expedition led by Rick Hunter? No wonder I've never seen those episodes.
    Yup, thats the one. I remember they showed the 8 episodes in the local TV way back in the mid 90's. Anyway the REF story was transferred into a mini series novel by a publishing house. It included all the had happened during the lost expedition and even has the story of what happened to the SDF-3 which was presumably lost during the final battle at Reflex Point, Invid invasion saga of Robotech.
    I am a protoculture fanatic.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    One reason why i dont take to gundam that much is because they use SWORDS! I understand that makes for interesting animation action but... well... ewan ko ba hehe. swords and mecha, for me, equates to voltes V and voltron... something more for kids....something more fantastic.

In Macross kasi, you dont see an attachment to the mecha. theyre just machines. no special powers, no fancy swords.

One more thing to like about macross..... DESTROIDS!!!

Man, i love these guys!

I remember the AA version, the missle launcher version, the tomahawk (had a diecast so i remember the name) and the humongous one with four cannons. There's a hand to hand combat model also, but this is kinda plausible coz humans were preparing to go up against the zentradi giants.

also, let it be known that im NOT a robotech fan, rather a MACROSS fan.

Southern Cross blows!!!

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXBUWAYA View Post
    You guys should be in a show called

Beat the geeks

hehehehe
    you should see the "outer space exploration" thread :evillaugh

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    Its a good thing that some movie company picked this up. This is my favorite cartoon series of all time ( notables are txformers, voltes v, visionaries). I really only got to appreciate this tv series when they started showing it on Star TV i think in the mid 90's.

Has anyone seen the shadow chronicles (Continuation of the series after the defeat of the Invid forces)? I hope they also pursue continuing this series.
    Last edited by laklak; September 15th, 2007 at 10:30 AM.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Robotech the Movie!