New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Our resident Spider-Man, Tobey Maguire, will be bringing 'Robotech' to the big screen.

Warner Bros. and Tobey Maguire's production company have picked up rights to bring the giant robots from the 1980s Japanese cartoon series to Hollywood.

Maguire will serve as a producer and also plans to star in the lead role of Rick Hunter.

"We are very excited to bring 'Robotech' to the big screen," Maguire says. "There is a rich mythology that will be a great foundation for a sophisticated, smart and entertaining film."

In 'Robotech', Earth has developed giant robots from technology discovered on an alien spacecraft that crashed on a South Pacific island.

This technology is used to fend off three successive extraterrestrial invasions.

Warner Bros. worked very hard to obtain the rights to 'Robotech' and are looking at this as a possible franchise so you can bet that they will not screw it up.

-----

alright!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    here's more:

"A sprawling sci-fi epic, Robotech takes place at a time when Earth has developed giant robots from the technology on an alien spacecraft that crashed on a South Pacific isle. Mankind is forced to use the technology to fend off three successive waves of alien invasions. The first invasion concerns a battle with a race of giant warriors who seek to retrieve their flagship's energy source known as "protoculture," and the planet's survival ends up in the hands of two young pilots.

The $686 million worldwide box office success of Transformers has inspired other studios to assemble giant robot movies. Last month, Fox-based Regency picked up 1980s Japanese anime series Voltron."

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    hmmm i loved robotech...problem is i hate the min-mei singing defeats zentraedi fleet premise :faint:

4. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Teka, Macross is Robotech?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    yes same lang macross n robotech

macross - japan
    robotech - US

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    astig yan!

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueBimmer View Post
    yes same lang macross n robotech

macross - japan
    robotech - US
    AFAIK iba ang macross sa robotech.

Macross uses the Batroid that transforms into the valkyrie and gerwalk, while Robotech naman is like gundam, iba iba ang robots, tama po ba?

Ganda to, aabangan ko to big screen!!!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    oks to :thumbup:

pero oks din yun Voltron...inaabangan ko din yan :2thumbsup:

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    robotech is an american mixup of three animes, macross, southern cross and mospeada. Macross and Mospeada, i can take but southern cross is kinda out for me.

I hope they concentrate on macross.... which is an epic by itself. imagine piloting this bad boy....

ok ba yung shot? pogi yung photographer nyan hehehe.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ano na kaya nangyari dun sa Valkyrie diecast toy ko nun? siguro sinira na ng utol ko :seeth:

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Robotech the Movie!