New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    I think the more important question is:

Bakit hindi na lang si Marc Logan ang pinadala sa Sulu?

kasama daw nya kasi ni marc logan si eagel (tama ba spelling)...

pero para di ot... siguro naman kahit gano kayabang ang tao they dont derserve to be kidnapped (kung totoo)...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Strange for ABS-CBN to insist on a no-ransom policy. Baka hinde nila mapasa as a "System-Loss".:tvcomedy: I hope none of the Ces's companions comeback in pieces to convince ABS-CBN. They were also humble enough to ask other news agencies keep the story under wraps. Bilang respekto sa privacy ng naging bikitma. Pero pag karaniwang tao ang na biktima, kulang na lang birthday linalagay sa balita.

ABS-CBN Official Statement on Ces Drilon

ABS-CBN News journalists Ces Drilon, Jimmy Encarnacion, and Angelo Valderama have been kidnapped for ransom.

ABS-CBN News is doing everything it can to help the families of its kidnapped journalists through this harrowing ordeal.

However, ABS-CBN News will abide by its policy not to pay ransom because this would embolden kidnap for ransom groups to abduct other journalists, putting more lives at risk.

We ask the nation for your prayers and request our colleagues in media to join ABS-CBN News in condemning this unconscionable attack against journalists.

We thank everyone for the outpouring of support we have received in this most difficult time.
    Last edited by Monseratto; June 11th, 2008 at 05:47 PM.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    My spider sense is tingling. Parang pakana lang ito ng ABS-CBN to divert the issue from the Meralco brouhaha. Style na kasi ng ABS yan. Pansin niyo, parang naglaho na yung mga critics ng Meralco, panay expressions of sympathy and concern for Ces Drilon ang nasa diyaryo.

Naalala ko tuloy yung Glorietta "bombing." May tumawag kuno na terrorist sa ABS-CBN, inaangkin yung responsibilidad. Naging exclusive news tuloy for Ch. 2, since they outscooped their rival. Eh binatikos agad ng military yung claim, kasi hilaw naman talaga sa detalye at hindi kaboses nung caller yung alleged terrorist based on their records.

It wouldn't surprise me if this actually turned out to be a "kidnap-me to divert the public's attention from Meralco, thus saving my employer" incident
    I have to agree with you on this. I smell gimmick. I won't believe that it's true until I see solid evidence of the kidnapping.

Ces Drilon is a shady journalist from a shady organization. She won't put herself to risk. Hindi lalagay sa alanganin yang nagmumurang kamatis na yan. The Manila Pen incident for example, she was in Trillanes' room when the media was already told to vacate the hotel. SHe was there because she knew that Trillanes would surrender anyways

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Strange for ABS-CBN to insist on a no-ransom policy. Baka hinde nila mapasa as a "System-Loss".:tvcomedy: I hope none of the Ces's companions comeback in pieces to convince ABS-CBN. They were also humble enough to ask other news agencies keep the story under wraps. Bilang respekto sa privacy ng naging bikitma. Pero pag karaniwang tao ang na biktima, kulang na lang birthday linalagay sa balita.
    mali ka - pati birthday nakalagay din sa balita !!!! kung puede nga lang pati pag-utot ng ordinaryong tao biktima at pati ng kamag-anakan ipapalabas nila !!! Tapos ngayon "respect the privacy" ang sigaw nila ?!? double standard ba ?
    mas malamang nga, KIDNAP ME yan !!!

5. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Question: Will Ces suffer the syndrome where she will empathize with her captors? Is that Helsinki or Stockholm Syndrome? Or will it be the reverse and her captors will turn to her way of thinking?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    its sad some media people continue to act like they are any special from the ordinary citizens. worse, they abuse a position they don't really hold. media is trying to correct this, but it would help if the public do the same. journalism, after all, is a form of public service.

i certainly hope there will be a lesson for ABSCBN here somehow. for example, when other people are taken hostage, ABSCBN jumps all over the story and disregard things like the privacy of the victim and their families. now I hope the coverage of ABS during situations like this changes because of what happened to Ces.

no matter what her motives were for going to Sulu, no matter the person she is, nothing can justify what is happening to Ces now.

no story is worth a reporter's life, or his or her dignity.
    Last edited by morrissey_05; June 11th, 2008 at 07:17 PM.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Mga Kapuso kasi mga Abu Sayaf........

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
    Question: Will Ces suffer the syndrome where she will empathize with her captors? Is that Helsinki or Stockholm Syndrome? Or will it be the reverse and her captors will turn to her way of thinking?
    maybe tiriring syndrome...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Know what why si Ces Drilon nakidnap and hindi taga GMA? Got an intel folks.

Reason daw is lahat halos ng female reporters ng ABS, ***y. Whereas sa GMA medyo sablay daw and some of them are fat like Jessica Soho. Now, magastos daw yun lugi pa liability pa kasi madami kakainin.

She should have learned from the last incident she got into. Masyado kasi pasikat.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    I have long stoped watching this two big tv news outfit, panay gimik lang at puro basurang balita.

As I have posted before, this abduction bruhaha was staged or blown out. She was there to interview who? Abu Sayyaf!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
[Renamed]Ces Drilon and crew, abducted then released