New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by badsekktor View Post
    well there are lots of difference. first is the quality of the material. i believe you know what "CAM" versions mean...
    second is the term "PROFIT". which is the real issue here why the entertainment industry cried foul. The profit that supposedly theirs is being redirected to those who sell pirated copies. Now if you have a copy that came from a ******* site, who gets the profit if you got them for free?.
    It's still a "loss" for the industry because you get to watch the movie without paying them.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    aw! there's a film? i should watch that one!
    I think there are some *******s of that.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    It's still a "loss" for the industry because you get to watch the movie without paying them.
    yeah that is true! as a musician and an IT individual, my work is prone to piracy. but that is life and that is reality. there will always be piracy, and some may consider it distasteful but some would disagree.

I mean even large companies resort to pirating employees to gain competitive advantage, piracy is not just limited to movies and audio materials per se. It is just that the entertainment industry cried foul and they have lots of money to lobby for a legislative action, but the act of copying technology and knowledge is as old as time itself.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I think there are some *******s of that.
    ! i hope i could find a high def copy!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ! i hope i could find a high def copy!
    best would only be DVD quality.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    well there are lots of difference. first is the quality of the material. i believe you know what "CAM" versions mean...
    second is the term "PROFIT". which is the real issue here why the entertainment industry cried foul. The profit that supposedly theirs is being redirected to those who sell pirated copies. Now if you have a copy that came from a ******* site, who gets the profit if you got them for free?
    There are lots of DVDs na CAM versions lang.
    The issue about profit is that the profit that the moviemakers would've gotten if you've watched the film is lost because you instead got yourself a copy without paying them royalties to buy their big fat asses more bling. Therefore, both cases of downloading movies and buying them off your neighborhood vendor are subject to such profit-stealing.

meron ba vga out? bili ka ng adapter, vga to hdmi
    I believe VGA is analog and HDMI is digital. VGA to DVI is possible because DVI has DVI-A (analog) and DVI to HDMI is possible because of DVI-I (analog and digital).

I am skeptic about the possibility that the analog signal from my VGA port would be converted into a digital HDMI signal on my TV.

Oh, and the max. resolution that my TV can handle kapag VGA is 1366x768 so hindi ko rin nauutilize yung 1080p.

EDIT: merong analog to digital converter pero mahal. And it's not as simple as a jack like VGA to DVI or DVI to HDMI. Pagttiyagaan ko nalang tong 1366 x 768 (I could still play 720p anyway) until I get myself a new laptop or until I go crazy and bring my desktop to the TV. :D

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    There are lots of DVDs na CAM versions lang.
    The issue about profit is that the profit that the moviemakers would've gotten if you've watched the film is lost because you instead got yourself a copy without paying them royalties to buy their big fat asses more bling. Therefore, both cases of downloading movies and buying them off your neighborhood vendor are subject to such profit-stealing.
    I dont bother watching if it is a CAM version.

Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    I believe VGA is analog and HDMI is digital. VGA to DVI is possible because DVI has DVI-A (analog) and DVI to HDMI is possible because of DVI-I (analog and digital).

I am skeptic about the possibility that the analog signal from my VGA port would be converted into a digital HDMI signal on my TV.

Oh, and the max. resolution that my TV can handle kapag VGA is 1366x768 so hindi ko rin nauutilize yung 1080p.

EDIT: merong analog to digital converter pero mahal. And it's not as simple as a jack like VGA to DVI or DVI to HDMI. Pagttiyagaan ko nalang tong 1366 x 768 (I could still play 720p anyway) until I get myself a new laptop or until I go crazy and bring my desktop to the TV. :D
    I stand corrected about the vga to hdmi adapter. Hindi ako masyadong sure kung vga or dvi to hdmi since im not concerned with that issue. Luckily, I got a laptop with an HDMI output port.

about the max res, 720 is good already.... anyway most movies have 1080 and 720 versions. even the 480 mini HD copies are way better than orig dvds.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Pirated DVD? Where to find?