Pssst...Bossss Dee-Bee-Dee,Dee-Bee-Dee,Dee-Bee-Dee,Dee-Bee-Dee??????! :D

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    Pssst...Bossss Dee-Bee-Dee,Dee-Bee-Dee,Dee-Bee-Dee,Dee-Bee-Dee??????! :D
    Pulis...pulis! Edu!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    -Metrowalk, back of Home Depot and St. Francis Square.,Pirated DVD's have a wide array of selections particularly hard to find classic films.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, I don't find the local pirated DVD trade offensive. It gives employment and a regular income to many people who otherwise might be doing other stuff that would be considered extremely criminal. I find it as a "grey" area.

What does it mean to the companies and corporations who already rake in MILLIONS of DOLLARS in a single movie inspite of piracy to let a few cents go? It probably means they can buy a couple more cups of Starbucks coffee this week. In comparison, that same money can be used by a family here to buy food to feed them for a week.

Yeah, we might be "the same" but the difference might be at which end of the leash you might be connected to.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Well, I don't find the local pirated DVD trade offensive. It gives employment and a regular income to many people who otherwise might be doing other stuff that would be considered extremely criminal. I find it as a "grey" area.
    That's exactly the same explanation that Erap gave concerning Jueteng... really.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Originally Posted by ghosthunter

What does it mean to the companies and corporations who already rake in MILLIONS of DOLLARS in a single movie inspite of piracy to let a few cents go? It probably means they can buy a couple more cups of Starbucks coffee this week. In comparison, that same money can be used by a family here to buy food to feed them for a week.

Yeah, we might be "the same" but the difference might be at which end of the leash you might be connected to.
    Sorry but i disagree with this one sir, I find some of the arguments unreasonably flawed..

Sir GH, bossing.. I think its even more unthinkable to say that the crime of piracy is less criminal than illegal drugs trade, illegal gambling, or illegal logging. Do we really have to distinguish every illegal offense?

As it seems, you are trying to justify the commission of these illegal offenses merely because it gives employment and a regular income to many people who otherwise might be doing other stuff that would be considered extremely criminal..But don't u agree that jueteng also gives employment to many? Shabu selling is even more profitable to the lowest of the lowest income group? And illegal logging can augment the income of the hillbillies?

There is no reason to distinguish. thing is, all these are illegal per se and prohibited by existing laws. The law may be harsh but that is the law. To disregard the laws would mean to disregard the order upon which every civilized society thrives.

I find some of the comments in this thread utterly dismaying. It just shows how Filipinos have transformed into a very apathetic and amoral society that even the commission of illegal things are considered an accepted norm.

Do we even have to adopt illegal offenses as a norm in the first place? It's like making something "immoral" as "moral" merely because everyone is doing it...C'mon...

Im not being self righteous. Just my opinion..

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    This thread has opened a can of worms...better lock it instead.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I do agree that certain "wants" (pirated movies/music) should be paid for.

but how can a 3rd-world wage earner compete if one can't buy a software license that cost thousands of dollars? Thus, one is forced to buy illegal copies and that is the reality.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    over paid kasi mga artista, lalo na dito sa atin!

10. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    iniiwas nyo nga sila sa pagawa ng masamang krimen pero sinusuportahan nyo naman na magbenta ng ilegal sa pagtatangkilik sa produkto nila, eh ganun din paglabag pa rin sa batas. wala talaga tayong mahihita.

Pirated DVD? Where to find?