New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchtower View Post
    You yourself have mentioned that its a reality of life in RP to buy pirated DVDs. Here in the US, despite the existence of such items, people still follow the law and would rather just buy their stuff legally.

It all boils down to mentality. If pinoys, as you said, accept this norm, then the path towards change is far from being reached.
    This is where you are wrong. As long as the entry price of a movie theater ticket is over 50% the basic daily income wage, buying illegal DVDs will always be a good deal since the entire family can watch it as well as their friends.

It is easy to summarize it to "mentality" when you earn enough to live a relatively comfortable lifestyle as compared to people who doesn't know how much food they can afford to buy the next day.

My cause is to educate those who want change in my beloved country and root out people who embrace stiffness towards the betterment of RP's future. Please don't mind the US. Your Philippines is my Philippines too. If all pinoys can just start with this one simple step, then someday we will see progress.
    We can't ignore the USA because they are the one imposing restrictions & regulations on certain items/goods which does affect the way we live in the Philippines.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Haruto View Post
    that might be true but as long as the price range of a legal DVD / Blu Ray is so high i think piracy would still thrive.
    Original DVDs are incredibly cheap compared before, but they cannot compete against the overhead of a pirated disc, which has none.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Haruto View Post
    that might be true but as long as the price range of a legal DVD / Blu Ray is so high i think piracy would still thrive.

ehem. i know this thread is pretty informative but.. posible po ba na sana PM PM na lang. kasi baka may makakita nito na.. ano.. alam nyo na.. hehehe.. baka ma-raid yung mga lugar.. mawalan tayo ng sources.. nyeheheh. ^^,m
    The places mentioned are places that are well known for such. They even have a system to defend themselves from government raiding teams from getting anywhere. They can shut down all their shops in seconds after a signaled alert.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    oh i see. hehehe. anyway. sa Araneta Square po meron din sa may monumento. Dati bumibili rin ako sa north mall (mostly pc games and installers ang dayo ko dun) pero parang mas safe kasi ako sa araneta square kesa sa northmall kaya yun.. Araneta Square na ko bumibili. pero ang kagandahan sa north mall pag installers you can have it tested sa kanila muna before buying so sure ka gumagana yung disc na bibilin mo) pag movie.. pareho lang silang may test-an ^^,m

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Law enforcement is very strict over here if you still don't know that by now.

My cause is to educate those who want change in my beloved country and root out people who embrace stiffness towards the betterment of RP's future. Please don't mind the US. Your Philippines is my Philippines too. If all pinoys can just start with this one simple step, then someday we will see progress.
    Easier said than done sir. No need for that especially for us taxpayers here. Better "educate" pandak and her "pets". They are the one drafting, creating, and violating RP laws, laws that are never implemented nor unclear who will do so. ("Magluluto sila ng mga batas, malasado pa").

and (slight OT na)
    Come home and visit us for a while. Dont be surprised if you get lost in Metro Manila when the street (name) that you used to pass by before is now changed or renamed after a person who gives them the most solid votes.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    ayos dito sa tsikot ah pwedeng pagusapan ang piracy and where to find them! and I'm for you frenchtower!

btw peeps meron naman alternatives sa pirated DVDs and iyon ay Video City! Rent nyo na lang maganda pa ang source.

ako just as much as I want to be 100% piracy free eh nagdadownload ako pero TV series, I stopped buying pirated DVDs na. di pa rin ba maganda mag dld ng TV series kasi iniisip ko naman din pag TV series eh libre naman itong pinapalabas at iyong iba ngang busy na tao eh nirerecord ito sa kanilang mga VCR for viewing at a later time. so technically di pa rin ba maganda magdld ng TV series?
    Last edited by froshie1; October 21st, 2009 at 05:37 PM.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    This is where you are wrong. As long as the entry price of a movie theater ticket is over 50% the basic daily income wage, buying illegal DVDs will always be a good deal since the entire family can watch it as well as their friends.
    So, it's a good deal to satisfy personal whims. How selfish? You know what happens when you buy illegal items? You teach these vendors to live a pretentious life.These people think that violating the law is fine. And since they thrive on this activity, their children will adopt the same mentality. Is that the kind of gospel wisdom you find acceptable?

Just don't mind your future. Just mind your children's future. Do you want them to grown up in a country where other children were raised by families who thrive on illegal trading? What else can these people do or is capable of doing if they don't respect the law?

It is easy to summarize it to "mentality" when you earn enough to live a relatively comfortable lifestyle as compared to people who doesn't know how much food they can afford to buy the next day.
    You are wrong. It's just a matter of prioritizing which is important. Is buying lifestyle goods, say two cell phones, more important than food on the table? Is buying illegal items (under preset conditions) better than legal items? Oh well.

We can't ignore the USA because they are the one imposing restrictions & regulations on certain items/goods which does affect the way we live in the Philippines
    But of course, the US and the Philippines share the same democratic pattern and business ideals. It's common sense, that the US must uphold copyright laws to protect their interests. In a reverse scenario, what would you feel if somebody copied your work and not compensate you?

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Sorry for the blue font

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    So, it's a good deal to satisfy personal whims. How selfish? You know what happens when you buy illegal items? You teach these vendors to live a pretentious life.These people think that violating the law is fine. And since they thrive on this activity, their children will adopt the same mentality. Is that the kind of gospel wisdom you find acceptable?

Just don't mind your future. Just mind your children's future. Do you want them to grown up in a country where other children were raised by families who thrive on illegal trading? What else can these people do or is capable of doing if they don't respect the law?

You are wrong. It's just a matter of prioritizing which is important. Is buying lifestyle goods, say two cell phones, more important than food on the table? Is buying illegal items (under preset conditions) better than legal items? Oh well.
    Your point of view is people buying pirated DVDs but on this side, it is the people selling pirated DVDs. They are the ones who are trying to have some sort of income that does not resort to crime, theft, begging, prostitution, illegal drugs or violence.

Will you be the one who would personally push them into a life of crime? All the while these major corporations rake in millions of dollars in world wide income from the sales of these items. Can you say in your good conscience to let people suffer just to be "legal"? Where is the human justice in that?

But of course, the US and the Philippines share the same democratic pattern and business ideals. It's common sense, that the US must uphold copyright laws to protect their interests. In a reverse scenario, what would you feel if somebody copied your work and not compensate you?
    Yeah right, the same. Just like a master and his dog. Where the master gets best cut beef or pork or chicken, the dog gets the scraps.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; October 21st, 2009 at 06:02 PM.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    I don't see any point in furthering this discussion. As such, I end my reply with the hope that pinoys would wake up one day and start anew.

If you can't afford original DVDs then don't. There are other worthwhile forms of enterntainment out there.

Now if you prefer to buy these kinds of illegal items, then I have nothing more to say. As what GH have mentioned, it's reality in the Philippines.

My prayer goes to you all. Peace

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Pirated DVD? Where to find?