New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    nakakatawa pa yung sa "hanggang ngayon", yung part ni ely buendia tinaasan pa. . hehehe
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by laklak
    I think I saw them sa tv patrol a week or 2 weeks ago. From what I can remember they never claimed na yung kanta nila ay purely sila may gawa, parang lumalabas medyo ginaya nila yung tono, something like that. May 7 notes rule silang cinite before a song is considered to be plagiarized. Siempre naman kung plagiarized yun katakut takut na lawsuits ang mangyayari niyan. Besides I heard the chandeliers version, i seem to like OnL's "improved" pinoy version. Kesa naman sa mga ibang pinoy artists who just seems to rehash every classic song of the 80's and 90's. Para bang naubusan ng creativity sa katawan, or yung mga kantang wala naman katututran tulad ng "Mang Jose" ng Parokya.

I must admit i enjoyed OnL's brand of music when i first heard them last year, ika nga "before they were famous". Heck I even have a "pirated" copy of their first album.

if they really said na "medyo ginaya nila yung tono" then thats admitting to blatant plagarism. actually very inconsistent ang mga statements ng band on the issue. they have said in the past they were "influenced" by the Care's song. in other occasions, like newspaper interviews, they denied plagarizing it completely. in one newspaper interview, they even said they never heard of the Care's song when they were composing the song. but earlier, the lead singer admitted that they were listening to the Care when they were trying to come up with the tune.

in one forum, one loyal OnL member of the band's email group said the guitarist texted him and said "hindi na mauulit" yung Pinoy Ako incident. tsk tsk.

finally, its not a matter of whether OnL "improved" on Chandeliers. they outright COPIED it. even people who don't know anything abt music thinks so. you guys think so (thank God for that) and you've heard the songs.

sorry for saying this, but for me, saying you like Pinoy Ako better than Chandeliers, even "seemingly" is acceptance and support of the plagarism. its a denial of the existence of the original. its not a Pinoy version of Chandeliers, its a COPY of it. but i know that's your opinion and i dont have a problem with that. peace tayo dun

ive had the Care's Diamonds and Emeralds CD for around 7 yrs now. i don't like the song Chandeliers. i LOVE it!! like you, i was a fan of ONL, not anymore. i even went to their gigs and bought their first album (original copy ha!). heck, i even wrote a glowing review/article of the band and their music for my publication. i feel effin hoodwinked!!!

so why do i and other people feel strongly about this? because as a music lover, its all about decency and artistic integrity. its about honesty, its about the music. its about shortchanging your fans and Filipino music lovers. its about a band trying to pass off a piece of original music as their own, and seemingly not caring one darn bit about it.

peace all!!
    Last edited by morrissey_05; October 29th, 2005 at 11:54 PM.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    fookin liars n copycats!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by morrissey_05
    so why do i and other people feel strongly about this? because as a music lover, its all about decency and artistic integrity. its about honesty, its about the music. its about shortchanging your fans and Filipino music lovers. its about a band trying to pass off a piece of original music as their own, and seemingly not caring one darn bit about it.

peace all!!
    And for those of us who make music, it's just plain lazy. Lahat naman ng bandistang naghihirap sa calling nila... poor pay, poor return on investment, crazy hours... just to make a name for yourself. It's sad to see others short-cutting their way to the top (mga cover-bands) and still others, even though they're already there, trying to get away with stuff like this.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. FrankDrebin Guest
    For me, having an own version of another famous song is no problem with me. In some instances, covers are mush better than the original. But just like morrissey_05, denial is unforgivable. Me too, I kinda liked OnL album but they sound too much like a new wave band like the The Smiths(kapal talaga ng OnL!), etc. Deym! I missed the old 89.1 DMZ Sunday Morning radio. Konting originality naman pare! Kakaunti na lang ang hatak ng Pinoy Rock eh sisirain niyo pa! Sinira na nga ng Cueshe aka pogi rock gagatungan niyo pa!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    KOPYANG KOPYA!!! na download ko sa bearshare ang kanta.. amf di orig!!! booo!!!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
Pinoy Big Brother Theme a rip-off from The Cares?