New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well, they should have done that from the beginning instead of denying the similarity. Won't be satisfied unless they mention the exact single in the credits.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by roninblade
    the royalty is not the issue, i think. its the denial that they copied it. on the other hand, pwede naman makagawa ng song na similar sa isa pang song without actually hearing the original.

you could have the exact same 7 to 8 chords and call it coincidence (MAYBE... but most likely not-they listen to the CARE and the Smiths-the other band they copy)... but the EXACT way of singing? and the EXACT arrangement? the exact Drumbeats? the EXACT TEMPO.

did you even hear the song? or are you a PBB and Onl nuthugger?
    Last edited by bad driver; October 21st, 2005 at 06:40 PM.

3. FrankDrebin Guest
    Cueshe denies 'ripping off' Australian song

"So if you’d still go, I’ll understand,

Would you give me something just to hold on to?

And if you’ll stay, I’ll hold your hand,

Cause I’m truly, madly, crazily in love with you."

These are the popular lines from the hit song "Stay," which catapulted the all-male band "Cueshe" to instant stardom.

Yet, those lines are now bugging the Cebuano group. The band has been accused of ripping off a song of known Australian band "Silver Chair."

Denying having plagiarized any song, Cueshe Wednesday told TV Patrol World they have never heard of any "Silver Chair's" music.

"We don't even know that group," Cueshe's songwriters Fritz Labrado and Mike Manaloto said.

The issue of alleged Pinoy rip-off of foreign songs is currently the subject of discussions on various blog sites.

Aside from "Stay," bloggers questioned the theme song of the reality TV show "Pinoy Big Brother" sang by the band "Orange and Lemons." They said the song "Pinoy Ako" sounds so close to the melody of the song "Chandelier" by new-wave group "The Care" in the '80s.

"Pinoy Big Brother's" Laurenti Dyogi defended "Orange and Lemons." He said the band has assured him the program's theme song is an original composition of the group.

Cueshe explained that in pop music composition similarity of melodic or chord patterns cannot be avoided.

The group, however, does not deny being influenced and inspired by music icons.

'Swell-headed, conceited'

Cueshe, which also includes Jay Justiniani, Ruben Caballero, Jovan Mabini and Jhunjie Dosdos, meanwhile, junked talk that fame turned them "swell-headed and conceited."

They each assured fans Cueshe will remain humble.

Cueshe started experimenting a new sound in Cebu in 2000 before barging into the mainstream music scene in March this year. They said it was their bold decision to move to Manila that made the difference.

Their adventure paid off. Their first album "Half Empty, Half Full," released under Sony-BMG Music Entertainment, was a hit. The album, which recently turned Gold, featured 11 tracks, all of which were their very own compositions including the controversial "Stay."

The band's name Cueshe was taken from the singers' favorite snack "bananacue."

They said they are overwhelmed with their rise to fame in the music industry and they still feel uncomfortable to be called stars.

"Who would have thought that we’d end up where we are? Not even us." They chorused. "We were just fooling around and living our lives."

4. FrankDrebin Guest
    "Denying having plagiarized any song, Cueshe Wednesday told TV Patrol World they have never heard of any "Silver Chair's" music.

"We don't even know that group," Cueshe's songwriters Fritz Labrado and Mike Manaloto said."

Tinaguriang Rock-band(Pa-cute band IMO) pero hindi kakilala ang mga may ibubuga at mga sikat na Rock Band. Sus! Ang sarap nilang batukan noh?!! :D

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankDrebin
    "Denying having plagiarized any song, Cueshe Wednesday told TV Patrol World they have never heard of any "Silver Chair's" music.

"We don't even know that group," Cueshe's songwriters Fritz Labrado and Mike Manaloto said."
    Tinaguriang Rock-band(Pa-cute band IMO) pero hindi kakilala ang mga may ibubuga at mga sikat na Rock Band. Sus! Ang sarap nilang batukan noh?!! :D

BS! hahaha silverchair's lead guy was dubbed as a cross of eddie vedder's voice and the looks of kurt cobain. . 2 very famous alternative music icons! . . .tapos hindi nila kilala?? rakista ba sila? BS!
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bad driver
    Where there's smoke, there's definitely flame.

Back to topic, Orange and Lemons can certainly expect not to hear the end of this anytime soon, unless they manage to convince everyone with their side of the story.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by bad driver
    you could have the exact same 7 to 8 chords and call it coincidence (MAYBE... but most likely not-they listen to the CARE and the Smiths-the other band they copy)... but the EXACT way of singing? and the EXACT arrangement? the exact Drumbeats? the EXACT TEMPO.

narinig ko na dati pa yung the care song... and concerning your flame bait remark, di ako mahilig makinig ng local music. di ko alam kung ano yan pbb and i can only assume from this discussion that onl is orange and lemons.

easy ka lang pare, baka ma-stroke ka; umiinit agad dugo mo eh... and i only hug nuts that belong to me. ;)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by roninblade
    narinig ko na dati pa yung the care song... and concerning your flame bait remark, di ako mahilig makinig ng local music. di ko alam kung ano yan pbb and i can only assume from this discussion that onl is orange and lemons.

easy ka lang pare, baka ma-stroke ka; umiinit agad dugo mo eh... and i only hug nuts that belong to me. ;)

I apologize for the flame. But then again, you haven't heard the PBB song so the "nuthugger" flame is not applicable to you

Ok, I haphazardly thrown in that flame bait cause I'm quite sure that comments like the one you gave can only come from someone who haven't compared the songs side by side.

Sorry, but this plagarism+denial is quite audacious and frustrating.
    Last edited by bad driver; October 21st, 2005 at 11:49 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ...O.T. for a local rock band not to be familiar with the band silverchair is kinda hard to believe (nag-concert pa nga yan dito eh). di naman siguro outdated ang cebu sa intl rock scene.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    "Pinoy Ako" copycat/rip-off whatever?!...proves only one thing "Pinoy" nga sila.
    gaya-gaya putow maya!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Pinoy Big Brother Theme a rip-off from The Cares?