New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    That's pure BS, and OaL should be sued for it. At least Parokya credits their sources... and most of their rip-offs are done purely for fun, as mahilig silang mag-recompose ng covers during live gigs..

paps, according to my friend, nasa credits ng album ng OAL ang chandeliers pero dont know if its true. . can anyone verify?
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Yung sa Salbakuta, sampling lang naman yun... it's okay as long as it's recognizably a "sample".
    More than being a mere sample, the chorus on the original version of "S2pid Luv" is a word-for-word rendition of Evergreen's first four lines.

They subsequently released a 'new' version of "S2pid Luv", this time with a rewritten chorus, apparently after rapper Andrew E.'s Dongalo Wreckords (Salbakuta's label) was threatened with a lawsuit over the unauthorized use of Streisand's song.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; October 20th, 2005 at 05:17 PM.

3. FrankDrebin Guest
    Dapat sa show ni Pareng Mike "The Nose" Enriquez na Imbestigador ang nag-feature para may dating! Hehehe :D

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman
    - The Alphabet Song
    - Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
    - Baa Baa Black Sheep

All have the exact same melody, rhythm and beat. But is anyone complaining?

these are public domain, royalty free songs.... so go ahead make an album using these songs and you don't have to pay royalties

if I'm not mistaken, also Mozart and other classical music are free too.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    actually,

Orange and Lemons were very uninspired when they wrote Pinoy Ako... so they just copied Chandeliers.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    yun sa salbakuta n others adaptation ata tawag dun...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Sobrang rip-off. napanuod ko sa kontrobersyal the other night kaya dinownload ko yung chandeliers. Nung na-play ko na yun, puede ko na ngang kantahin yung lyrics ng PINOY AKO and also do the dance.

Oh well hindi rin naman ako nagagandahan dun sa "pinoy ako" single nila. Mas type ko parin noypi by bamboo.

OT: Funny yung parody na ginawa ng Parokya - "The Ordertaker" which they took from System of A Down's Toxicity. Pakinggan niyo!

8. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    these are public domain, royalty free songs.... so go ahead make an album using these songs and you don't have to pay royalties

if I'm not mistaken, also Mozart and other classical music are free too.
    the royalty is not the issue, i think. its the denial that they copied it. on the other hand, pwede naman makagawa ng song na similar sa isa pang song without actually hearing the original.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    malas lng nila marami nakikinig ng The Cares hehe

10. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    i heard nga that OnL are going to come out with an updated release of their second album with the PBB theme song and another new song. sabi ata nila they will credit The Care daw. pero as to how they will give credit to The Care is another thing. will they say "inspired by The Care's 'Chandeliers'" or "copied from The Care's..." hmmm abangan.

btw, guys the name of the band is The Care, not The Cares. yun lang po.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Pinoy Big Brother Theme a rip-off from The Cares?