New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Included in the global launch is the Philippines.
    Netflix launches nearly globally, including the Philippines

For countries with slow Internet speed, looks like Netflix made major compressions on their video library to make this function with minimal lag. China was excluded by Netflix

Do you think this will be a game charger for home entertainment consumption in the Philippines?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchtower View Post
    Included in the global launch is the Philippines.
    Netflix launches nearly globally, including the Philippines

For countries with slow Internet speed, looks like Netflix made major compressions on their video library to make this function with minimal lag. China was excluded by Netflix

Do you think this will be a game charger for home entertainment consumption in the Philippines?
    Oh yes! My VPN subscription days are numbered.

But this seems to be happening so fast. What do the local TV stations and cable/sat TV providers have to say? Not to mention additional competition for Hooq and iFlix.

Good for consumers, but I have this feeling that the local TV consortium might try to interfere, much like what the local transport did with Uber and Grab.

Anyway, I hope we get the full selection of content (ie. US) and not just a subset for say, the Asian market.
    Last edited by oj88; January 7th, 2016 at 11:10 AM.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    I can not imagine how big Amazon's servers to accommodate the influx of new Netflix streamers.

As far as content goes, Netflix have an array of exclusive shows which are quite good... award winners even. It wouldn't be prudent if these shows are not available for the Philippine market. More players in this field means a win for Philippine consumers.
    Last edited by frenchtower; January 7th, 2016 at 12:50 PM.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    PLDT fibre is 50mpbs at P3500 per mo. 1080p easily streams at 2.5mbps

5. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    International bandwidth is gonna be killed.

I subscribed na

But no homeland
    No walking dead
    No game of thrones
    No band of brothers

Daming wala.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    according to some review site, around 7% lang ang available sa Pinas, basing the list na US availables. At 460 or 550 a month, medyo mabigat sa bulsa tapos di pa kumpleto. Parang iFlix lang sila na mas mahal?

at walang download ng show para di na nagbu-buffer.

Anyway, they got a lot of documentaries. I might watch them while waiting for the one month free subscription to expire.

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BratPAQ; January 8th, 2016 at 05:00 AM.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    93% of Netflix US titles not available on Netflix PH ? Report

93% of Netflix US titles not available on Netflix PH – Report
    Victor Barreiro Jr.
    *vbarreirojr
    Published 9:30 PM, January 07, 2016
    Updated 12:52 AM, January 08, 2016

MANILA, Philippines – Netflix may now be in the Philippines, but that doesn't mean that all versions of Netflix will be equal. A new report says that 93% of the content on Netflix in the US is not available in the Philippines.

On Thursday, January 7, information and analysis website Finder.com released 3 websites that allowed prospective Netflix users in the Philippines to see what they might be getting from signing up for the Philippine version of Netflix.

Two of Finder.com's Netflix analysis pages are detailed lists. Movies available on Netflix Philippines are listed on one page, while TV shows available on Netflix Philippines are listed on the other.

The information on each page lists each title, the year of release of the TV show or movie, the runtime of the program in minutes, its Netflix rating, and the associated genres for the programs.

Meanwhile, Finder.com/ph is a searchable, 18-page list comparing what's available on Netflix Philippines and on Netflix USA at present.

While the top of the page does mention "93% of titles available on Netflix in the US are NOT available in the Philippines," the Philippines does carry a number of movies and TV shows that have already been phased out in the US listings.

For instance, Philippine fans of Star Trek, The Walking Dead, and The Flash will be unable to view the show – or in the case of Star Trek, its various shows and seasons – on-demand on Netflix Philippines.

However, Philippine Lord of the Rings fans can watch The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, and The Return of the King on Netflix PH but can only watch The Two Towers in the US.

Tech In Asia, meanwhile, took a look at the differences in the US, Singapore, India, Indonesia, and Malaysia as well as some of the copyright strangeness that might be operating in the background.

Gotham, for example, is available in the US, Singapore, Indonesia, and Malaysia, but not in India. At the same time, shows that you'd expect to be available in Asia – the Attack on Titan anime and martial arts movie Ip Man, are only available in the US.

Those who are interested in checking if Netflix is a worthwhile choice for the price involved may want to consult these lists before diving in. – Rappler.com

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    subscribed to a free 1 month just to experience it. wala kasi kaming cable sa bahay hahaha.

HD is not critical for me.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    GG sa bagal ng net dito. No netflix and chill for me.