New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Did you like the movie IRONMAN 2?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • I liked it!

11 50.00%
  • I find it so-so.

8 36.36%
  • I didn't like it.

0 0%
  • Hello, my name is Tony Stark.

4 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    RE: Silver suit: Maybe Tony adjusted the suit specifically for Rhodes? At this point, Tony has several Arc reactors, and maybe he left that one in.
    Why should Stark modify the Ironman Mark2 armor for Rhodes when Stark has no intention of giving up control of "Ironman" technology to the government?

The fact is, the Ironman Mark2 armor is only a proof of concept unit made by Stark to see if his designs can be workable. In that, that is the reason why the Mark2 armor has no weapons. The armor's palm "repulsors" are not weapons but a flight control system that can be used as a weapon.

And curiously, the Mark2 armor was never intended to be used by anyone else beyond Stark. So why modify an obsolete design to house it's own arc-reactor?

*note: the silver Ironman armor is the Ironman Mark2 armor.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Remember, Tony intended to ask Rhodes on as a test-pilot in the first movie. It may be that there's some scene where they finally did it in this movie, but it was cut from production.

The fact that Rhodes has the combination to Tony's garage means that he has probably already been given access, as part of this.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Remember, Tony intended to ask Rhodes on as a test-pilot in the first movie. It may be that there's some scene where they finally did it in this movie, but it was cut from production.

The fact that Rhodes has the combination to Tony's garage means that he has probably already been given access, as part of this.
    I don't think Stark intended to give the Mark2 armor to Rhodes because the Mark2 had a major flaw, it was too heavy to land safely. The Mark3 armor (gold/red) was made of a lighter (and stronger) alloy developed by Stark Industries for his satellites which also solved the icing problem at high altitudes.

-----------------------

Other stuff:

The Mark3 was later destroyed by War Monger at the end of IRONMAN movie.

The Mark4 armor is the one Tony used in the movie IRONMAN 2

The briefcase armor is the Mark5 with the red/silver colors.

The armor with the new triangle breastplate is the Mark6.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    I don't think Stark intended to give the Mark2 armor to Rhodes because the Mark2 had a major flaw, it was too heavy to land safely. The Mark3 armor (gold/red) was made of a lighter (and stronger) alloy developed by Stark Industries for his satellites which also solved the icing problem at high altitudes.

-----------------------

Other stuff:

The Mark3 was later destroyed by War Monger at the end of IRONMAN movie.

The Mark4 armor is the one Tony used in the movie IRONMAN 2

The briefcase armor is the Mark5 with the red/silver colors.

The armor with the new triangle breastplate is the Mark6.
    The weight is suggested, but it's not shown as a big problem in either movie except in the scene where he falls through his roof.

Of course, both movies have played fast and loose with "movie logic" (two or three lines from Ironman I still stand out in my mind as being "Fast and Furious" level stupid... "an unfortunate training exercise"... "five agents" ) , anyway, so it's not really that far out-of-place. We're meant to assume that Tony Stark has Rhodes in his confidences and has taught him how to use the suit, as he planned to in Ironman I... remember, this all occurs before the government tries to take the technology away from him.

Interesting with the suitcase armor... as a compact unit, maybe it doesn't have flight capabilities, which forced him to engage Lenko at close range?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Interesting with the suitcase armor... as a compact unit, maybe it doesn't have flight capabilities, which forced him to engage Lenko at close range?
    Well, flight capabilities are unknown for the movie version of the suitcase Armor Mark5 but in comic books, it has no built-in flight capability but can have limited flight capacity using Mark3 boot jets.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, flight capabilities are unknown for the movie version of the suitcase Armor Mark5 but in comic books, it has no built-in flight capability but can have limited flight capacity using Mark3 boot jets.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    It's likely he didn't have them... kind of figured his armor was limited.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    NEWS FLASH! The plot to Iron Man 3 was leaked online. In the 3rd installment, as Pepper Potts is no longer CEO of Stark Industries, she marries Tony Stark and becomes the true CEO of the Stark household, turning Iron Man into...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Movie: Ironman 2