New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Malaki na ba ulo ni Pacman? Tignan nga natin...

mukhang hindi naman ah

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoner View Post
    Ok, now you're just being rude.
    DUDE, a little respect goes a long way.
    I agree. I respectfully think your wishing Pacman to lose para "matauhan" is totally disrespectful to Pacman.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Eismann View Post
    Pacman will go down in the annals of Philippine history as a hall of famer boxer, Korina will probably be a first lady at best or if not a well decorated broadcaster or maybe a politician someday.

Pacman deserves to be praised for his heroics on the boxing ring and bashing him for his personal wrongdoings outside the ring is none of everybody's business...not even of Korina's.
    True that!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    When Pacquiao is being criticized, people immediately think that it's out of envy. They never even bother to consider the possibility that it is done out of concern for the guy.

Being a boxer is no easy task. He risks his body in every fight he enters, and he's away from his family much of the time. It would be a pity if all those would go to waste just because he didn't choose his life's battles well. Which is why Manny should take great care in how he spends his fortune, and how he comports himself in public. People look up to him, especially kids; they aspire to be him someday. As such, it would be a monumental shame for them to see Manny fall down from grace because of his own doing. He's lucky that he has mother, his wife Jinky and his coach Freddie Roach to rein him in whenever he goes a bit too far. We don't need another boxing failure such as Rolando Navarette, who let fame and fortune go to his head and is now just a pathetic shadow of his former self.

In any case, a lot of criticisms hurled towards Manny's way are better than just plain calling him a monkey, like what a certain female blogger did. Now that's just foul.

The guy deserves the good fortune coming his way because he worked for them, and he also deserves to keep that fortune, long after he's left the sport of boxing. But how he gets to keep it will depend on how he conducts himself.
    agree

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuper Man View Post
    Geez, you guys should just sit back and enjoy the show. So what if Manny is maangas? He deserves to throw his weight around coz that's what big name people work hard for.

Bat di nyo sisihin ABSCBN for not throwing in more moolah to keep Manny in their backyard? If GMA 7 ad Solar got Manny to sign with them, then why not the so-called number 1 network in our coutry?

And sorry, stupid remarks like wishing Manny would lose his next bout only goes to show how narrow people think. Why wish for your countryman to lose? Because of ego? Please, we all have egos; but the difference is Manny's got ego and some cash to back him up. He's doing his thing in and off the ring, so if you people aren't satisfied and want a saint of of Manny, well, sorry coz I don't see that happening.

Pagnanood kayo ng boxing, isipin nyo na lang yung laban at wag na kung ano pa pinaggagawa ng boksingero na walang kinalaman sa boksing. Manny's skills out of the ring may not be pretty, but when he's inside the squared circle, he's friggin eye candy. And in the end, that's what we all love about Pacman, right?
    just because somebody's got fame and fortune doesnt give them any right to start throwing their weight around. I agree with you that it might be a stupid remark wishing manny would lose his next fight but it also sound stupid saying its ok if manny's got ego because he's got the cash to back him up

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by JiggeR671 View Post

just because somebody's got fame and fortune doesnt give them any right to start throwing their weight around. I agree with you that it might be a stupid remark wishing manny would lose his next fight but it also sound stupid saying its ok if manny's got ego because he's got the cash to back him up
    Frankly, that's not true. If you have the fame and fortune, the choice is yours if you want to throw your weight around. It is within his right to demand something (but it doesn't necessarily mean he will get what he demands or want) since he felt betrayed and his pride was hurt. If Pacquiao self destructs because of his ego, then he only has himself to blame. Right now, all I see is a filthy-rich athlete trying to be himself and tell people where they stand as of now.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by JiggeR671 View Post
    ...just because somebody's got fame and fortune doesnt give them any right to start throwing their weight around. I agree with you that it might be a stupid remark wishing manny would lose his next fight but it also sound stupid saying its ok if manny's got ego because he's got the cash to back him up
    Ah, then ban all gangsta rappers & fashionistas! 50 cent must be banned! Paris must be banned!...

It won't hurt me, Air Supply mode ako ngayon e... Please wag lang po i-ban si Paris...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Memphis Raines View Post
    Malaki na ba ulo ni Pacman? Tignan nga natin...

mukhang hindi naman ah
    galing

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsuper Man View Post
    Frankly, that's not true. If you have the fame and fortune, the choice is yours if you want to throw your weight around. It is within his right to demand something (but it doesn't necessarily mean he will get what he demands or want) since he felt betrayed and his pride was hurt. If Pacquiao self destructs because of his ego, then he only has himself to blame. Right now, all I see is a filthy-rich athlete trying to be himself and tell people where they stand as of now.
    so if i'm the most powerful person in the country and i don't like you, it's just justifiable for me to probably erase you on earth because anyway i am the most powerful person and have the money, guns and goons to do so...is that what you are trying to tell us? please don't take my comment personally, i'm just using the same analogy (for the sake of having a meaningful debate in this forum) that you are trying to justify.
    Last edited by explorer; October 18th, 2007 at 02:54 AM.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by explorer View Post
    so if i'm the most powerful person in the country and i don't like you, it's just justifiable for me to probably erase you on earth because anyway i am the most powerful person and have the money, guns and goons to do so...is that what you are trying to tell us? please don't take my comment personally, i'm just using the same analogy (for the sake of having a meaningful debate in this forum) that you are trying to justify.
    Ah, see, I was expecting that type of comparison to pop out. You can't justify murder coz you have an ego and some money; but you can justify throwing your weight around and demand something be done within what's permitted by law. The example you've given means someone is abusing his power by committing a crime. That's not an ego trip, that's a criminal mind at work already. Bad example with regards to the topic, really.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    To all those who want Manny to lose in his coming fights
    because he's mayabang, maangas, etc. - hwag naman.

After all, how many Filipinos have reached this international
    level of excellence in whatever endeavor?

Even the expert American boxing analysts consider him now
    as the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world today.

I don't know about you, but when I hear them talking about
    this on TV praising the FILIPINO Manny Pacquiao for his prowess,
    I feel a sense of pride for our race!

If just for this, I thank Manny Pacquiao for giving me this
    good and positive feeling for our country.

Thats why dont be too hard on Manny. Ewan ko lang -
    kung kayo meron P300 million (and counting!) at ini-idolo ng
    buong mundo, baka mas mayabang pa kayo kay Manny!

So dahan-dahan lang sa pag husga. Hindi nyo pa nararating
    (and probably never will) ang kinalalagyan ni Manny, so you'll
    never know how'll you'll react if ever you reach it.

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Manny Pacquiao vs Korina Sanchez & ABS CBN et al