New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ab_initio View Post
    expand your probe po, Sir.
    hahaha...i just putting humor and the bottomline is i agree with you m'am ab...
    Money's money, popularity & upbringing (from being poor) are being exploited notwithstanding the honor he's giving to the country...nilaglag nga siya ng ABS putting the blame on him & their breach of agreement in showing the 'transfer' video apparently presuming Kamao will not understand & react as they were successful to lure him earlier without the presence his counsel.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    nag-uunahan na yun 2 network station since malamang malapit na magretire si pacman at yun oppurtunity na pagkakitaan sya eh umiiksi na lang

3. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Baka SKANDAL yung video na yan...

Pacquiao bared that it was ABS-CBN itself that prepared the contents of what he said on the video. “Yung statement na iyon actually hindi naman ako ang gumawa nun, ang gumawa nun mga abogado rin ng ABS. Sila ang nagturo sa akin, ah, sila ang may idea nun na gawin ko ang sasabihin ko," he disclosed.
    Di makalapit ngayon si Dyan, may instructions na ban siya ngayon. Ginamit siya para mag offer kay Money behind Solar's back. Yung news crew ni Dyan daw ang kumuha ng video na iyan.
    Last edited by Monseratto; March 24th, 2009 at 06:47 PM.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Pacman blames ABS-CBN
    By Abac Cordero Updated March 24, 2009 12:00 AM

MANILA, Philippines - Manny Pacquiao yesterday claimed that the news video aired by ABS-CBN, which showed him rescinding his contract with Solar Sports, was not supposed to have been shown at all.

Pacquiao said he did not want to go on air and announce that he has switched back to ABS-CBN until it was established that his contract with Solar, good from 2007 until 2011, had indeed been violated.

“Ginawa namin yung video statement basta ang usapan itatago lang at hindi muna ilalabas (We did it based on the agreement that it was for embargo),” said Pacquiao in a phone patch from LA.

“Ayoko muna gumawa sana ng video. Sabi ko titingnan ko pa ang Solar contract kung may violation nga (I didn’t want to make a video because I wanted to see first if my contract was violated).

“Walang violation so hindi dapat nilabas. Abugado nila ang gumawa ng statement (There was no violation so it shouldn’t have been shown. Their (ABS-CBN) lawyer prepared that statement,” said Pacquiao.

What’s quite ironic, if Pacquiao’s latest statement is true, was that he once again appeared over ABS-CBN last Friday, saying, “My decision is still the same. Watch my fight with Ricky Hatton on ABS-CBN.”

ABS-CBN later announced it wouldn’t make a statement, according to network executive Kane Choa. The other day, the station said it was letting go of Pacquiao.

“Is there anything new? I thought we’ve let go (of Pacquiao) as per yesterday’s statement. But from what I know it was Pacquiao who dictated the timing (of the news video),” said an ABS-CBN insider.

“Manny Pacquiao approached ABS-CBN to be his media partner in airing his next fights. We thank him for trusting us. He signed a contract with us, but we will not stand in the way if he decides to change his mind. We respect it (Pacquiao’s decision to honor the Solar contract), wish him good luck and we wait to hear from him,” said ABS-CBN in a statement the other day.

The video, shot in the balcony of Pacquiao’s LA apartment, was aired Wednesday evening over ABS-CBN, and triggered a very heated argument between ABS-CBN and Solar/GMA-7.

In that video, Pacquiao said Solar erred in delivering part of his payment for his May 2 fight with Ricky Hatton, so he decided to rescind the contract and switch back to ABS-CBN.

“After a thorough thinking, I have decided to approach ABS-CBN and I have decided to renew my partnership with them. This is my own decision,” said Pacquiao in the news video.

“Sabi ko sa kanila huwag muna kami gumawa ng video pero sabi nila ‘gumawa na tayo pero itatago muna namin ( I told them let’s not make a video but they said we go ahead and keep it for the meantime),’” said Pacquiao without saying whom he was talking to on behalf of ABS-CBN.

Faced with a legal battle with Solar Sports and GMA-7, which may take years and cost him millions, Pacquiao recanted his statement last Saturday after he established that his contract was not violated.

“Everybody makes mistakes. Again, I apologize. What I learned from this is that I’m wiser now than yesterday,” said Pacquiao, drawing laughter from those listening to the phone-patch interview.

“Next time I will really think it over and not get carried away by emotions,” he said during a press conference at the Skyline Restaurant on the 17th floor of the GMA-7 Bldg. along Edsa.

He assured everyone that the incident won’t happen again.

In attendance were GMA-7 chairman and chief executive officer Atty. Felipe Gozon, chief operating officer Gilberto Duavit, Solar COO Peter Chanliong, and chairman William Tieng.

“It’s time to move forward. It’s all in our hopes that Manny Pacquiao triumphs in his coming fight,” Duavit said.

GMA Network also said it welcomed the decision of Pacquiao to retract his earlier announcement and honor his contract with Solar Sports.
    http://www.philstar.com/Article.aspx...bCategoryId=69

ABS-CBN: Pacquiao gave consent to show video
    abs-cbnNEWS.com | 03/24/2009 4:33 PM

ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs on Tuesday strongly denied Manny Pacquiao’s claim that it aired the announcement of his “network transfer” without his consent.

“We are surprised by Manny Pacquiao's statement that ABS-CBN News broke a supposed embargo,” said ABS-CBN News in a statement.

ABS-CBN News clarified that the boxer recorded two statements regarding his decision to transfer to ABS-CBN--one was on March 14 and the other was on March 17.

“On March 14, Manny Pacquiao recorded a statement that he asked be embargoed. That statement has never aired. On March 17, he recorded another statement saying that he came to ABS-CBN to air his next fights. He later approved that statement for airing,” said ABS-CBN News.

ABS-CBN News said it was the March 17 footage which was aired on Wednesday, March 18.

It added that Pacquiao also made subsequent interviews on March 19 and March 20 where he requested his supporters to watch his May 2 fight on ABS-CBN.

“On March 19, in an interview while training, he asked viewers to support him and watch his fight on ABS-CBN. On March 20, Pacquiao again declared in an ABS-CBN interview that ‘my decision [is] still the same. Fight mapapanood sa ABS-CBN,’”
    ABS-CBN News said.

ABS-CBN News said it decided to issue a statement to stress that it values respect for its news sources.

“We respond because this charge strikes at our core values as a news organization: honest reporting and respect for our sources,” it said.

“Regardless, we continue to report on Manny Pacquiao's activities and respect his decision to enter into any arrangement with any company regarding his fights,” ABS-CBN added.

Pacquiao’s claim

Pacquiao said on Monday in a telephone interview that his recorded statements should not have been aired,

“Saka ipapalabas yung mga videos na yan na kinunan namin kung may breach of contract talaga na mapatunayan,” he said. Portions of the phone patch were aired on GMA-7’s “Saksi.”

The press conference was organized by GMA-7 and Solar Entertainment Corp.

Pacquiao also said: “Siguro mali yung naging desisyon ko nun na padalos-dalos ako. Pero I mean ako naman ay talagang inaamin na nagkamali dun sa ginawa ko.”

He added: “At yung mga statement na iyon actually hindi naman ako ang gumawa nun, ang gumawa nun yung abogado rin ng ABS eh. Sila ang nagturo sa akin, sila ang may idea nun na ganon ko ang sasabihin ko.”

Following Pacquiao’s announcement of his move to ABS-CBN, Solar made known its plans to sue Pacquiao and ABS-CBN because its contract with Pacquiao is still binding.

Solar officials flew to the US to meet with Pacquiao over the weekend. “The Pacman” then announced that his contract with Solar is valid and binding, and chose to remain with Solar.

In response to this, ABS-CBN had said: "Manny Pacquiao approached ABS-CBN to be his media partner in airing his next fights. We thank him for trusting us. He signed a contract with us, but we will not stand in the way if he decides to change his mind. We respect it, wish him good luck and we wait to hear from him."
    http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/03...ent-show-video

Oh, and if there's still any doubt as to whether or not the People's Champ really wanted to go back to ABS-CBN, just ask Jinky Pacquiao herself. Problem is, Manny now doesn't want reporters to interview his wife about the matter. Pretty convenient, no?

Or did GMA/Solar threaten punitive action against him anyway unless he can guarantee Mrs. Pacquiao's silence on the issue? It's a sad thing though; Jinky stood by her man, but Manny couldn't do the same for his woman.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; March 24th, 2009 at 08:34 PM.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Well obviously someone is definitely LYING.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pero bakit naman kasi pumatol ang ABS-CBN sa alok ni Pacquiao na magtransfer sa kanila, knowing na may contract si Pacquiao with Solar? Hindi ba naman bopols yung mga tao ng ABS na nagasikaso dyan?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Pero bakit naman kasi pumatol ang ABS-CBN sa alok ni Pacquiao na magtransfer sa kanila, knowing na may contract si Pacquiao with Solar? Hindi ba naman bopols yung mga tao ng ABS na nagasikaso dyan?
    It's likely that ABS-CBN took Pacquiao's word on his rescinding the contract with Solar since he was the one who apparently initiated it; after all, there was no reason not to believe him, considering that he was a party (and major stakeholder) to that agreement. ABS-CBN even declared they were ready to support Pacquiao if it came to a legal standoff with GMA/Solar.

In the end, ABS-CBN made a natural business decision as a corporate entity, just as GMA and Solar made a natural business decision as corporate entities. The only one who stands to lose is Manny himself, since Filipinos see him as an incorruptible hero with values to emulate, not as a cutthroat, calculating businessman.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; March 24th, 2009 at 09:13 PM.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    When you become greedy, logic dies with it. GREED and LOGIC don't mix like diesel and water

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post
    My guess is that, as a sign of good faith, ABS-CBN took Pacquiao's word on his rescinding the contract with Solar since he was the one who apparently initiated it; after all, there was no reason not to believe him, considering that he was a party (and major stakeholder) to that agreement. ABS-CBN even declared they were ready to support Pacquiao if it came to a legal standoff with GMA/Solar.
    But ABS should have taken a look at the contract first. They should have checked the contract if Pacquiao can just rescind the contract anytime he wants.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    But ABS should have taken a look at the contract first. They should have checked the contract if Pacquiao can just rescind the contract anytime he wants.
    my+2 cents.

Pacquiao is a boxer, not a contracts or legal expert.

Signatories on a contract (like Pacquiao) may not necessary know the all the details of the provisions of the contract as it is usually prepared and reviewed by their respective lawyers, who are deemed to protect interests of the clients.

Manny Pacquiao vs Korina Sanchez & ABS CBN et al