New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Hm... actually surprised no fanboy has posted anything yet to defend Pacquiao...

Anyway, this controversy just goes to show how ABS-CBN conducts its business. If the situation was reversed, I wonder if they'll still say "we will not stand in the way if he decides to change his mind" or "We respect it, wish him good luck and we wait to hear from him".

Three letters lang... A-S-A.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    BREAKING NEWS: Pacquiao will honor his contract and the fight will be aired by Solar via GMA7.

http://www.gmanews.tv/story/153689/M...or-Hatton-bout
    I guess Manny found out how expensive it would be to break that contract and how much cheaper it would be for him to continue it.

This is an example of how Manny would perform if and when he gets a political position in government.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoner View Post
    Anyway, this controversy just goes to show how ABS-CBN conducts its business. If the situation was reversed, I wonder if they'll still say "we will not stand in the way if he decides to change his mind" or "We respect it, wish him good luck and we wait to hear from him".
    They've kept their composure intact in worse scenarios.

If the situation was reversed, ABS-CBN would have flown to Pacquiao's side and talked things over in private before publicly trumpeting the threat of legal action.

GMA did it the other way around; they practically panicked at the prospect of losing their biggest cash cow.
    Last edited by Bogeyman; March 23rd, 2009 at 12:46 PM.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Its all about money, and manny

Meron bang sasabak sa boxing na hindi pera ang habol?

Nakakahiya man wala tayong magagawa ganun talga yun,pera pera lang talaga yan..Unless you think na ginagawa lang ni pacman ang boxing para itayo ang bandera ng PilipinasTANGA lang talaga si pacman at hindi niya alam pinaggagawa nya, pero in the first place kung matalino yan hindi boksingero yan..

Para sakin wala na kong paki sa pnaggagawa niya, buhay nya yan,reputasyon niya yan bahala siya...basta entertained lang ako at nananalo pinoy boxer oks na...

Dami namang athletes na may sayad at mayabang, Tyson rapist, Ali (sus yabang din), Phelps chonki boy naman, Kobe Bryant rapist din...

Pag dating sa pulitika yaan nating tumakbo, pag di naman natin binoto di rin naman mananalo..Pag nanalo wala na tayong magagawa demokrasya e..

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post

If the situation was reversed, ABS-CBN would have flown to Pacquiao's side and talked things over in private before publicly trumpeting the threat of legal action.

GMA did it the other way around; they practically panicked at the prospect of losing their biggest cash cow.
    Point taken. Pardon the ASA statement. Posted emotionally to the matter. I guess I was just pissed because for sure it was ABS who filled up Pacquiao's head with notions that they could get away with breach of contract...

I don't presume to know anything so I do not know if GMA or Solar has, in fact, approached Pacquiao to talk things over at the onset of things (before their hostile response). But you're right. Lousy, lousy handling on the part of GMA and Solar.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogeyman View Post

IF the situation was reversed....ABS-CBN WOULD HAVE flown to Pacquiao.....

BUT, hindi ganyan ang nangyari ABS signed up Pacquiao knowing that Pacquiao had a binding/existing contract with Solar. Don't their lawyers know what a contract means?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Solar and GMA7 head honchos held a press conference this noon, with a live call to Money. There was a question regarding why and who wrote the Letter rescinding the existing contract. Money dropped the bomb that it was ABS CBN's idea to make the letter and it was ABS CBN's lawyers who wrote what Money was supposed to say. Baka sakali lang daw na ABS CBN might get away with it daw... Nakakatawa yung reaction ng mga tao sa press con, one of outrage.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    kaya pala ang bilis nag-react ng ABS saying that they respect pacman's decision and they would not stand in the way. :bwahaha:

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoner View Post
    In the end, it's still just another lousy network battle...
    That's exactly what it is. And we're not likely to see the end of it.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    bad move from abscbn, they really tried to take advantage.

Manny Pacquiao vs Korina Sanchez & ABS CBN et al