New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    will wait for iPmart to come up with *******s of these flicks. Iskul Bukol would be a first choice.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by leinahtan View Post
    will wait for iPmart to come up with *******s of these flicks. Iskul Bukol would be a first choice.
    The funny thing is the Manila Film Festival was created to raise the bar in Pinoy film making. Unfortunately nearly all the films including Iskul Bukol have working to lower the bar to a new low.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ouch. Kinda figured...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I've seen Iskul Bukol. Don't watch this movie if you're after the story, it has a very common plot, ever famous sing and dance production number which every pinoy movies have, usual humor you'd get from the TVJ (especially those green jokes from Joey) you'd still laugh at those jokes though.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Pero, magtataka ka. A lot of people still go to see these asinine movies of the MMFF, year in and year out.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    This year SUCKS! Dalawa pa lang napapanood ko yung Tanging Ina atsaka yung Shake Rattle and Roll X. Graabe parang recycled lang yung mga movies. They say the best movie daw this year was Magkaibigan but it didn't do well in the box office.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Napanood ko ang Tanging Ina. It was disappointing -- but not horrendously bad.

I was also planning to watch Iskul Bukol but changed my mind after reading all the bad comments.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Well, my take on this, after having been subjected to the usual plethora of MMFF movies is that:

1. Pinoy moviegoers are the intelligent sort. They know what they want. They can watch blockbuster films of any genre from monster production outfits.

2. That being said, pinoys want instant gratification...translation, a quick laugh, kilig or scare...whatever feeling or emotion which they can receive or elicit from a pinoy movie. Its instant. It's off-the-shelf. It's cheap entertainment. All for about P100 bucks and some popcorn and softdrinks.

3. Pinoy movie producers want a quick buck to recoup their investment. So, they go formulaic with their films. Ever wonder why we haven't advanced from love teams and love triangles? Naapi na biglang nakaganti? Comedy with song and dance? Sheesh! You don't even need a Lino Brocka for that.
    Last edited by Altis6453; January 5th, 2009 at 12:20 PM.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I've just watched Ploning recently, stunningly shot pero yung story patalon-talon, parang isiniksik lang .

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    meron kasing tipong pang award at meron lang na pang takilya. normally kung alin ang humahakot ng awards sa filmfest yun ang hindi top grosser. pero kung may taste ka yung award winner ang panoorin nyo para di sayang ang pera. sa ngayon kung manonood ako yung Baler.

nung active pa si erpat sa phil movies as sound engineer lahat ng entries during filmfest me complimentary pass kami, pinamimigay nalang sa kapitbahay or kamag-anak. yung tipo lang namin ang pinanonood namin ng mga kaibigan or mga classmates. sakto rin after he migrated to the US in 93 bumulusok na pababa ang pelikulang pilipino.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
How would you rate the films in 2008 Manila Film Festival?